The Portal

Lloyd's eyes flickered open. He tried to understand what was happening. He saw a bright magenta light fading out above him. He felt air flowing all around him. Was he floating? He heard worried voices and laughter. He closed his eyes. I must be dreaming, he thought, and the darkness overtook him.

He woke up in a large room with windows everywhere. He was lying on a small cot with white sheets. He tried to sit up, but his head felt like it was being split open.

"Easy there, mister," said a firm, female voice. "You've been out for a while."

"How long have I been out? Who are you? Where am I?" he asked. She frowned.

"You get one question," she said calmly. He paused, thinking hard. How could he get her to give him all the answers he wanted with only one question?

"What happened to me?" he asked. She sighed.

"You fell from the sky," she said calmly.

"I WHAT?"

"I saw it from my window," she began to explain. "It was almost as if the sky was being torn open. Then I saw six people fall from that tear. I watched as they were carried inside. Minutes later, you and five other teenagers were brought here, into the hospital wing. You've been unconscious for days. We had someone come in to see if you all were magical. I'm not sure why you weren't sent here for your first year. The tall blondie's a Muggleborn. You, muscles and freckles are Half-Bloods. Hair gel and the girl are Purebloods."

"I'm a what?" asked Lloyd.

"A Half-Blood. It means that only one of your parents is magical. Your new wand is on your nightstand," she said. He looked over to his bedside table and saw a long stick.

"14 inches, elder wood, a bit bendy and a phoenix feather core," said a new voice quietly.

"Mister Ollivander," said the woman. "What a pleasant surprise." Mister Ollivander nodded. Mister Ollivander? Wands? Half-bloods? Weren't those all terms from Harry Potter?

A familiar scream pierced the air. Lloyd smiled with joy. He would know that scream anywhere. He leapt off of his cot, ignoring the pounding in his head and the protests of the stern woman, and ran in the direction of the scream.

"Kai!" he cried, as he leapt on to the cot and hugged him tightly. He looked over at Kai's bedside table. "Oh! You have a wand, too!"

"A what?" asked Kai.

"We're wizards, Kai!" said Lloyd.

"Okay, now I know I'm dreaming," said Kai as he rested his head on the wall behind him.

"10.5 inches, vine wood, quite firm and the core of unicorn hair," whispered Mister Ollivander.

"Slow down, what?" asked Kai. 

"We fell from an interdimensional portal and ended up here," Lloyd explained casually. Kai nodded and made a face that said; Well, it's not the weirdest thing that's happened.

"Yeah, yeah..." he said as he looked around the room. "Wait, where's Nya?" He quickly scanned the room for his little sister and saw her lying on a cot on the other side. Kai ran over to her and started to shake her. "Nya!" he cried. "Nya wake up!" Her eyes fluttered open. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Kai?" she said quietly. "ここで何をしているんだ、バカ?"

"Oh thank the First Spinjitsu Master!" he said happily, as he leaned down to hug her. "I'm so glad you're okay! また、私は馬鹿ではありません" Nya smiled with a look of confusion on her face as she hugged him.

"Oh," said Kai, holding up her wand. "And apparently you're a witch." Nya took the wand from him and looked at it curiously.

"Okay?" she said. 

"11.25 inches, hazel wood, very stiff, and the core of a dragon heartstring," said Mister Ollivander under his breath. Nya looked at both Kai and Lloyd. Suddenly her eyes widened.

"Wait! Where's Jay?" She looked around in panic until she saw him laying on another cot. "Jay!" she cried. When he didn't respond she slapped him across the face. Jay quickly sat up and looked at Nya. She kissed him happily and he kissed her back. "You're a wizard," she said. Jay was unfazed. 

"14.5 inches, hawthorn wood, pliable, and a dragon heartstring core," muttered Mister Ollivander. They heard a groaning noise from a cot behind them. They turned and saw-

"Cole!" screamed Jay, as he leapt out of bed and into his best friend's arms.

"Dude!" said Kai. "You're a wizard!" Cole looked very confused. 

"What the fuck?" asked Cole under his breath. 

"13 inches, hawthorn wood, quite bendy, and a phoenix feather core," said Mister Ollivander quietly.

"Indeed," said a robotic voice.

"12 inches, holly wood, firm, and a unicorn hair core," murmured Mister Ollivander.

"Zane!" squealed Cole happily as he practically flew off of his cot. Zane smiled as he was engulfed in a group hug.

"I was wondering when you all would wake up," said Zane. 

"Zane?" asked Cole. "Do you have any idea what's happening here?" 

"I do in fact," he replied. "I was analyzing a strange artifact that I found on one of my exploits with Pixal, when a strange magenta portal opened up and I was pulled inside. You five must have been in its range and got sucked in as well." Lloyd  looked over at the stern woman. 

"Where are we?" he asked her. 

"You, my dear," she said kindly. "Are in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and if we hurry we can still make it to the Sorting Ceremony." Jay's eyes lit up. 

"OH MY FIRST SPINJITSU MASTER WE'RE AT HOGWARTS!" he shrieked happily and hugged Cole happily. Lloyd's face broke into a joyful smile. He grabbed Kai's hand and began to run out of the room. Kai quickly grabbed his sister's arm before they were dragged out of the room. "Wait for me!" Jay called after them. He grabbed Cole by the collar, who grabbed Zane by the hand as Jay led them to the great hall to be sorted.