Forbidden Forest

Hello wonderful folk! The question of the chapter is if you could have any elemental power, what would it be? I would want fire. It would be so cool to master fire. I love destruction. Anyway, enjoy the chapter! 

WARNING: POSSIBLE DRAGONS RISING SPOILERS

Cole sat up, his head spinning. The moment his vision cleared, his gaze set upon Lloyd and the other ninja, who were surrounded by their own friends. Cole looked around for Susan and the other Hufflepuffs. He didn't see them anywhere. Right, they all hate me now. He looked down at the ground where he sat. He traced his finger along the dusty grout. To his surprise, he heard the rhythmic sound of someone walking towards him. He looked up slightly and saw a pair of light purple gladiator sandals. 

"Hello," said a deep voice. "Are you alright?" He was surprised by the kindness of their tone. He looked up and saw a Ravenclaw standing over him with a concerned expression on their face. Their bright green eyes stared down at him in pity through golden rimmed glasses. The student held out their hand, to him. "Here, let me help." They wore lacy fingerless gloves over their tanned hands. Cole took their hand and stood up. He nervously looked away from their eyes, trying to avoid conversation. Instead he began to take in the details of their clothing. They wore the girls uniform, but it was stained with ink in multiple places. Their skin had lighter patches dotted all over it. Their nails had been decorated with little snowflakes. They leaned over in order to look him in the eyes. They had little stickers on their face that gave off an air of innocence. "Don't be nervous." Cole looked back at them, embaressed, and a bit confused. He wasn't usually prone to this sort of social anxiety thing. They stood up straight and smiled at him gleefully. "What's your name?" Their high ponytail of black hair swung back and forth.

"I'm Cole," he replied. 

"Nice to meet you, Cole," they said, holding out their hand for him to shake. "I'm Geo." Cole shook their hand. Geo leaned in a bit closer and whispered something in his ear. "By the way, I saw what you did in the great hall. That was pretty cool." Their breath smelled of spearmint, which was nice compared to the usual dusky smell of the castle. Cole looked at them curiously. 

"You weren't scared?" he said in confusion. "I mean not that I wanted you to be scared, I just-" He paused and looked at his new friend in curiosity. 

"Imma be honest, it seemed more like you were the one who was scared. It was a totally reasonable response. Plus, you and your friends aren't the only weirdos around here." It was then that Cole noticed the pointed tips of Geo's ears. He looked at them in awe. "Oh! Speaking of my ears, do you like the new earrings I just got?" He gestured to the golden crescent moon earrings he had on. Cole nodded. 

"YeAh," he said, his voice cracking a bit. He cleared his throat. "Yeah, they look good on you." Geo smiled. "Is that lavender in your hair?" he asked, pointing to their ponytail. 

"Oh, yeah. My aunt says it brings good luck." 

"That's cool. So I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you? Are you like an elf?" Geo shook his head. 

"I'm not really sure. I've been living with my aunt- well- I call her my aunt, she's more of a family friend. Anyway, I've been trying to figure that out, I know I'm at least part human. I might be part elf? But I think I might be part goblin because of these." He smiled broadly, revealing two sets of small, sharp teeth. 

"Woah, that's pretty cool," breathed Cole. 

"Anyway, seriously, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." But then he winced as a pulse of energy passed through him. His knees buckled, but Geo caught him.