Visiting Jay

Hey lovely folks! Thanks so much for continuing to read my story, it truly means a lot to me. This chapter's question is kinda strange, but I like it. Which is better; dragons, books or dogs? I would say books, because they could entertain me forever and I need constant stimulation or I will lose my shit. Enjoy the chapter!

Nya yawned. She slipped out of bed and looked out of the window into the lake. She smiled at what she saw. 

"Hello, Jessika," she said with a smile. The mergirl spun around in a circle, clearly excited to see her. "How are you today?"

"Hallo, Nya!" she replied joyfully. "I'm doing lovely today. You have no idea how nice it is to finally be able to talk to a student. Everyone here in the lake is so traditional." There was a groaning sound from behind Nya. 

"Ugh, Nya, are you talking to the merfolk again? Could you please keep it down. I'm trying to sleep and all I can hear is gargling noises. Blub, blub, blub." Nya turned to look at Astoria and rolled her eyes. 

"Astoria, if you're having such a big problem with me having a civilized conversation with Jessika then you can get yourself some damn earplugs." She turned back to her aquatic friend. 

"What was that? What did she say?" asked Jessika. 

"She was just complaining that I'm making noise," she explained. 

"And what did you say?"

"I told her to get some earplugs." Jessika laughed. It was a beautiful laugh, almost musical. 

"That's funny! No other merfolk are funny like you." Nya grinned. 

"Thanks Jessika! Also may I call you Jess?"

"Why would you call me that? My name is Jessika."

"It's called a nickname. It's a shorter version of your name. Friends call each other nicknames sometimes."

"Oh. Then yes. I would love it if you would call me Jess. How is your partner?"

"My... partner?"

"The one you call Jay, the Ravenclaw you love."

"Oh, my boyfriend! He's doing better, his head is still injured, but Madam Pomfrey says it's healing well. I should go visit him today. I don't have any classes."

"Then you should go, I'll see you later, Nya."

"Bye, Jess." Nya watched as the mergirl swam off until she couldn't be seen. Nya sighed happily and turned away from the window. Her roommates were all still asleep, and the room was filled with the sounds of soft snoring. She slipped out of her pajamas and pulled on some jeans and a baggy, white t-shirt. She grabbed a sea green scarf off the floor and wrapped it around her neck. Zane gave it to her when she first joined the ninja team. He had knitted it himself. Who knew he was so good at knitting? I miss him. He was like... the mom friend I guess. He cooked, cleaned, knitted, and took care of us when we were sick... She shook herself. Right, I need to get ready to go see Jay. She put on a pearl bracelet and little earrings shaped like balloons. She looked in the mirror. FSM my hair is a mess! She pulled it back into a french braid and tied it up with a bright red bow. The braid looked good, but it was her bangs that bothered her. They lay flat against her forehead, looking sad and droopy. She frowned. Then something on Astoria's dresser caught her eye. She walked over and picked it up. It read; Beach Curl Hair Spray. She shrugged and sprayed her bangs a couple times and scrunched them up with her hands. When she turned back to the mirror she smiled. Much better. She put on a thin layer of lipstick and pulled on her shoes before she left the room. In the Slytherin common room sat Pansy Parkinson, hunched over a book, surrounded by piles of parchment. Nya gave her an odd look but continued on her way. She shoved open the door and left the room. People stood in clumps around the corridors as she made her way to the hospital wing. When she finally arrived she saw Madam Pomfrey sitting at her desk. She looked up as Nya entered the room. 

"Hello, Miss Smith," she said in her heavy British accent, though she must admit, the more time she'd been spending with the Brits, the more British her own accent became. 

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey," she replied with a nod of her head. "I'm here to see-"

"Mr. Walker? Yes, I assumed so. He's currently sleeping, but I trust you to be quiet."

"Thank you," she whispered. She walked past the desk until she came to her boyfriend's cot. Sure enough, he was fast asleep. He looked so peaceful. She knelt down next to his cot. She missed his perky attitude, his jokes, his undying affection, she even missed his little panic outbursts. Then she thought she saw his fingers twitch. She perked up. Jay? Then it happened again. He mumbled something unintelligible. His unconscious face contorted into an expression of discomfort and fear. He twitched in his bed. She stood up. This isn't good. He mumbled again. 

"No...wait...don't go...let me help...where are you...come back..." he muttered. 

"Jay?" she asked nervously. "Jay!" She shook him desperately. "Jay you have to wake up!" His blue eyes shot open and he sat up quickly, his breathing fast. "Jay! It's okay! You're safe! I'm here! You're okay!" Jay's eyes landed on her and his breath slowed. "Hi Jay."

"Nya..." he said breathlessly. "I just had a really weird dream."

"But it was just a dream-" she started to say. 

"But I don't think it was! I saw him."

"Who?"

"I saw Zane. He was here! In the hospital wing." Nya's face softened.

"Jay, Zane's gone."

"But there was more! He spoke to me, he seemed panicked. He kept saying something about being invisible, and how he was still here or something. I-" He paused, seemingly having a realisation. "Nya?"

"What?"

"I-I think Zane's still alive."

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN! What is Jay talking about? How could he see Zane? You'll find out. Sorry about the cliffhanger though. I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyway. Thank you so much for continuing to read this! I never thought I would get this far! 

-Orcaweirdo774