Herbology class

Kai ran through the halls. He was late for Herbology class with the Gryffindors. It was only his fifth day at Hogwarts and he had no idea where he was going. When he finally made his way to the greenhouses, he was five minutes late. 

"You're late, Mr. Smith," said Professor Sprout bluntly. "A point from Slytherin." The Slytherins groaned and Kai sat down next to Draco. A bespectacled, black haired boy sat across from him. He was glaring at him with bright emerald eyes, they looked a bit like Lloyd's eyes. Kai smiled at him and waved, then made a funny face and smiled again. The boy looked at him quizzically. Kai turned to Draco. 

"Sorry I'm late," he said. "I lost track of time." Draco was frowning at him. "What?" he asked. 

"Why were you smiling at Pottah?" he asked. Kai raised an eyebrow. 

"Why not?" he countered. Draco shrugged and turned back to his work. 

"Now everyone, partner up," said the Professor. Kai turned to Draco, but he was already partnered up with Blaise. He looked around and realised that the only person that didn't have a partner was a curly haired Gryffindor girl. He smiled and walked over to her. 

"Hey," he said cheerfully. "Wanna be partners?" She looked him up and down but eventually nodded. They began working in silence. "I'm Kai," he said, trying to break the silence. "What's your name?" She looked surprised that he was trying to talk to her. 

"Hermione," she said, the shock still visible on her face. "You're one of Zane's friends, correct?" 

"Yep," he said. "We've known each other for quite a while."

"He told me about the legend of the first spinjitsu master," she said. "Do you believe it, too?"

"I do," he replied. "I've even met his descendants." 

"Zane said the same thing," she said. There was silence for a moment. 

"Did he tell you about the elemental masters?" asked Kai. She nodded. Then he had an idea. "What's your favorite power?"

"I really like the idea of being able to control fire. It's so incredibly uncontrollable, just the idea of mastering it fascinates me." Kai smiled, mentally cheering. 

"Yeah. I like it, too." After that, Kai and Hermione became friends. They talked happily together throughout the rest of the class. After class, Hermione decided to introduce him to her friends. 

"It'll be fine," she persisted. 

"But Gryffindors and Slytherins aren't exactly known for being friends," he said nervously. 

"Well, we're friends and it's fine. Come on!" She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him over to a ginger boy and the noirette from before. "Harry! Ron!" she called out to them. They turned to her, smiling. But their smiles quickly faded after they saw him. "This is Kai, he's a friend of mine."

"It's nice to meet you both," said Kai, waving at them. Harry hesitated, but then waved back, smiling back. But Ron looked disgusted. 

"But 'Mione," he said. "He's a Slytherin." 

"So?" she asked. 

"So how can you be friends with him?" he replied. Kai was hurt. He stepped in front of the ginger. 

"Look," he said firmly. "It's not okay to judge someone based on stereotypes."

"It's not just a stereotype, it's true." Kai's jaw dropped.

"Say that again," he said threateningly. "I dare you." 

"It's. True." Something in him snapped. He pulled back his arm and punched him in the face- hard. Ron fell to the ground, blood dripping from his nose. The redhead quickly got up and tried to punch him back. Kai dodged and kicked his legs out from under him. Ron hit the ground with a grunt. He turned and looked at Hermione. 

"Are you just gonna let him do this?" he asked. 

"Sorry, Ronald," she said coldly. "But you deserved it." Kai turned and walked out of the greenhouse, Hermione close behind him. He was glad he punched him. He had no regrets, other than wishing he could've used his powers to burn him alive.