The Earthquake

Cole's tears poured down his face. He couldn't think. He didn't need to. The only thing that mattered was that Zane was dead. He could feel anger welling up inside him like an angry volcano. One that had been dormant for years but was ready to erupt, and with more power than ever before. He slammed his fist into the floor. The wooden boards splintered from the power of the impact. However, the moment that his hand collided with the planks. A surge of power welled up inside him, quickly coursing through his arm and into his body. He wailed in agony as the energy built up inside him. His wails became screams as the torturous experience continued. He felt the earth begin to tremble beneath him. 

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" he roared. He tried to stop the tremors, but they only grew. "FUCK!" The tremors grew and grew, and the more he tried to stop it, the more agony he endured. Soon, he couldn't take it anymore. With a cry so loud it could shatter glass, he let it loose. There was a noise like a clap of thunder as he let go. He heard screams and crashes, sobbing and the shattering of glass. He opened his eyes, just having realized that he had closed them. Chaos surrounded him. His arms were glowing bright orange. People were staring at him in terror. Students were sobbing on the floor, too unsteady to stand. People were getting hurt. He realized he had to stop this. He squeezed his eyes shut and focused all of his being into stopping the earthquake. He took a deep, shaky breath and reached out his mind to the earth below him. He willed for it to stop. After what wasn't nearly short enough, the world beneath him stilled. He got up slowly and on shaky legs. He looked around in concern at his friends, at his classmates. They stared back at him in fear. Among them he saw Justin. He took a step towards him, but Justin stumbled away from him. His friend looked at him with shock and confusion in his eyes. "Justin..." he started to say, but he stopped. He realized that after what he just did, everyone had a right to be terrified. Justin looked him up and down. 

"What are you?" he asked in a voice hardly more than a whisper. Cole loosely crossed his arms and looked down at the ground in shame. Ernie's stout figure stepped up to the front of the crowd. Cole eyed him hopefully, but his hopes were soon diminished when he saw the disgust on his face. 

"I trusted you," Ernie said quietly, hints of sadness in his voice. "But clearly, I shouldn't have, you're a danger to us all. You can cause destruction without moving a muscle. You don't belong here." Cole began to move towards the entrance, but Susan blocked his path, her wand pointed at his chest. He saw tears in her eyes as she looked up at him.

"Susan I-" he tried to speak, but his voice failed him. Susan sighed. She only said one word, but it pained him most of all. 

"Why?" Cole backed away towards the table where Zane's lifeless form lay. He placed a hand over his friend's robotic heart and looked down into his cold, dark eyes. The familiar faint whirring of his mechanics, gone. The light that illuminated his icy blue eyes, gone. The Cole turned to face his peers, a malicious expression on his face. 

"You want to know why? You killed my best friend that's why. What did you expect? For me to brush it off, say it's okay, that I forgive you? WELL FUCKING SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW THIS SHIT GOES! You take things from me, I take things from you. An eye for an eye. A leg for a leg. A tooth for a tooth. A life... for a life." He looked around for Pansy, but she was nowhere to be found. He sighed. "And you can tell little Miss Parkinson that she had better watch. Her. Back." The crowd of people dispersed and began to exit the hall. Cole watched each of them leave, peering into their eyes. As if he was trying to look into their soul and see their true intentions. After the students had all gone, he turned back towards Zane and collapsed. He buried his head into Zane's cold metallic chest. He reached down and held his friend's lifeless hand in his own. It was a terrible way to go, to die at the hands of someone whose only reason for murder was an unreasonable fear. All because he was different. He wondered how he would tell his friends. Then he thought of Pixal. She'll be devastated, he realized. So will the other ninja. They probably felt the earthquake. They're probably really worried. What will they think when they see me next to Zane's dead body. What if they think I accidentally killed him with the earthquake? What if they get mad at me before I can explain? And now that I think about it, it kinda is my fault. If I hadn't let him go into the great hall without his disguise, none of this would have happened. The what-ifs continued to swirl around in his head. For how long? He didn't know. He sat there, holding the cold metal hand, crying into the eerily still and silent chest. Regretting his fatal decision in every moment of it. 

So yeah, Cole revealed his elemental power, that's nice. Thanks so much for 2k y'all!

-Orcaweirdo774