Flowers

Kai slowly opened his eyes and yawned. He sat up on the soft green couch and looked around.  He rubbed his eyes and quickly fixed his hair. He rummaged around on the side table for a mint, still half-asleep. He soon found one and popped it in his mouth. He smiled. He swiftly pulled up his thigh-high socks and began to walk out of the room. Before he could reach the door however, a vase full of white camellias caught his eye. He looked around the room, saw no one, then carefully chose a flower and tucked it in his robe. He readjusted his golden bracelet then pushed open the door. He walked through the halls, eyes following his every move. He was used to this, but sometimes it was a bit much. This was one of those times. He sped up his pace, trying to keep his head up. He turned a corner and almost ran into his sister. 

"Nya!" he exclaimed. "Hey." She looked at him suspiciously. 

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Nothing," he said stupidly. "I mean, I'm just walking. You?" He smiled awkwardly under her piercing gaze. 

"No..." she said, pressing her pointer finger into his chest. "I know you. You're up to something." 

"What? No," he responded quickly. "What do you mean?" He eyes flickered between her finger and her face. Nya quickly reached into his robe pocket and pulled out the camellia. She looked at him with suspicion. 

"What is this?" she asked. 

"A flower," he stated. 

"Bitch, I know that," she snapped. "Who is it for?" 

"Who-who is it for?" he repeated. 

"Yes," replied Nya. "Who is it for? If Skylor finds out you're cheating on her, she's gonna be pissed." 

"I don't know what you're talking about," he mumbled while chewing on his lip. 

"You're biting your lips," she noticed. "You only do that when you're nervous."

"I'm not nervous," he said, immediately stopping. 

"And now you're shifting your weight. Who's the flower for, Kai? It's Astoria, isn't it?" This caught him off guard. 

"Who?"

"The girl who you're giving the flower to," explained Nya.

"What girl?" The second after he said that he slapped his hand over his mouth. Nya's expression swiftly morphed into a broad smile. 

"Aha! I knew it! You fucking queer!" she exclaimed. Kai winced. Shit. But then Nya smiled and put her hand on his shoulder. "Welcome to the club." Kai looked at her in confusion. "I'm pan," she explained. He let out a sigh of relief. 

"Well that's a relief."

"So who's it for?" Kai groaned and leaned his face into the wall. 

"Agh! Okay! I'll tell you!" He sighed. "It's.... it's for Blaise." Nya smiled. 

"Skylor's still gonna be pissed."

"She doesn't have to know." He smirked. 

"Alright, good luck. I think he's outside somewhere." Kai smiled gratefully.

"Thanks, sis." 

"You might wanna hurry up, it's getting dark out," she warned. Kai nodded in acknowledgement and then ran off to the courtyard. He ran out of the huge doors and stepped into the courtyard. He scanned the courtyard. There were too many people. He had to get higher up. He climbed up onto the rooftop of one of the structures that surrounded the yard. He was surprised to see Blaise up there with him, hidden behind a small turret. He walked up to him, making sure that the flower was fully hidden in his robe. 

"Hey Blaise," he said. Blaise turned around to look at him. 

"You startled me," exclaimed Blaise in his deep, silky smooth voice. "You're so quiet. How do you do that?"

"Practice," he replied simply, sitting down next to him. 

"That's what you said about the pole thing, too."

"Yeah, I guess," he agreed, looking at Blaise. He was so beautiful. His skin under the rapidly setting sun. His origami crane earrings swung slightly from side to side as he shifted his weight. Light glinted off of his silver watch. 

"It's like you're some kind of ninja or something." 

"Yeah," muttered Kai in agreement, not really hearing what he said. They looked out on the lake and watched the mist rise. Suddenly Blaise turned to him. 

"Wait, did you say yeah?" Kai snapped out of his daze. 

"What, no."

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't."

"You're a ninja."

"No I'm not."

"You're a super ninja with awesome fire powers."

"Just because I have fire powers, I can do parkour, and I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm a ninja." Blaise raised an eyebrow. Kai sighed. "Yeah, I'm a ninja." Blaise smiled.

"That's cool as fuck." 

"Yeah I know right?" 

"So why are you here?" Then Kai remembered the flower. He flushed. 

"Oh, uhm. Well I wanted to give you something."

"What?" Kai reached into his robe and pulled out the flower. 

"This is for you," he muttered. Blaise took the flower and smiled. A bit of blush appeared on his face.

"Oh, thanks Kai." Blaise held the flower in his hands as they looked out at the view. 

"You know, I really like you," said Kai, flushing deeply. Without warning, Blaise embraced him in a warm hug. 

"I really like you too," he whispered into his ear. After a moment, Kai returned the hug. After a minute or two of pure happiness, they pulled apart. "So, are we dating now?"

"I guess so," he replied. 

Oh my god I am so sorry I didn't post yesterday! I really wasn't feeling well. Anyway, thanks so much so continuing to read this.

-Orcaweirdo774