22

I woke up with a pounding headache and everything was just too damn bright! Fuck, I knew I should've stayed hydrated last night, now I got a hang over. I rolled over to plant my face into my pillow and pulled the blanket over my head. I felt a hand go through my hair and a light chuckle from Zac. 

"How do you feel?" He asked.

I popped my head out of the blanket and groaned. I tried to sit up and was met with instant  pain on my ankle. 

"Remind me to never go to a party ever again."

"Hey, I tried to warn you but you didn't wanna listen." Shit, he has a point. 

I tried opening my eyes all the way but everything was too bright. Without using any words, I nudged Zac to close the blinds. He got up and closed the curtains and walked out of the room. He came back with a glass of water. 

"Here, drink this." I grabbed the water from him and started chugging it as if I didn't have any water for the past 3 days. I didn't even realize how thirsty I was until I finished the entire glass of water. I handed him the empty cup and he placed it on my nightstand. 

"You and Jess and a night"

"I can only remember half of it. Just drinking and fucking up my ankle." I took a look at my foot and it looked bad. Like real bad. My legs were scraped up and my ankle was swollen. I should definitely go to the doctor. 

Zac noticed that I was looking at my foot and scooted closer to me. "Can I try something?" he asked. I gave him a skeptical look, but nodded my head. In an instant, his fangs came out and he went towards my ankle. Does he have a foot fetish or something? I mean, hey, no judgement, but you gotta give me a warning first. 

He sunk his fangs into my ankle. At first it didn't really hurt, but I felt a hot and sharp pain the next second. He pulled his fangs out before the pain got unbearable. 

"What did you just do?"

"Just watch." The swelling instantly came down and I didn't feel as much pressure on my ankle. What the fuck did this man do? Did he do some weird supernatural shit on me? Of course he fucking did. 

"How did you make that happen?"

"I injected some of my venom in you. It's the same venom used to turn humans into vampires, but don't worry, the dosage I gave you wasn't enough to turn you into anything." Huh. That's pretty cool. Who knew vampire venom can be so helpful.

"So am I sorta part vampire-ish?" 

He rolled his eyes, "What did I just say? I told you it wasn't enough to turn you into a vampire. The venom was just so it can quicken your healing process. Plus, your body is probably gonna pee out the venom once it's done with it." Supernatural science is so weird, yet fascinating. I didn't even notice that the venom got rid of my hangover until I looked in the direction of my curtains, where some sunlight crept through. Shit I need some vampire venom on tap. 

"So how long will it take for my ankle to be healed?"

"It depends how bad you fucked it up. Based on how quick the swelling went down, you should be healed pretty quick. You just need a little bit more venom later tonight to do the trick." Okay, doctor Zac....shit I don't think I know his last name. 

"So what I'm hearing is that I have a chance at being a vampire if you use too much venom?" 

"No, not a chance. I'm not gonna turn you." I sighed in defeat. Well I tried. 

Zac started making his way towards the door. "Where are you going?" I grabbed his hand, not wanting him to leave.

"I'll be right back, I gotta get something to eat." He kissed my forehead and pulled the blanket onto me. 

I didn't let go of his hand. "Kalen, I promise I'll be back. 30 minutes tops." 

"Fine." I let go of him and he walked out the room. 

I grabbed my phone and started texting Jesse.

Hey bitch

J: We are never partying ever again 

You got a hangover too?

J: Yup. A bad one. But it won't last long since I got super fast healing. 

Last night was a trip. I only remembered half the night

J: You remembered half the night? I don't remember shit. I just woke up in my bed today and I don't even know how I got here.

Zac picked us up after I sprained my ankle

J: YOU SPRAINED YOUR ANKLE? When was this?? Where was I??

Girl, you were there! You literally watched me fall

J: Shit my bad, I don't remember that happening at all. I need to chill out on the alcohol

Me too. I need to stay sober for the next 6 months.

Like promised, Zac came back right on time. He came in with a plastic bag. 

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"Well, since you're probably hungry and can't walk, I got you some food." He pulled out a bacon egg and cheese on a roll from the deli down the block. I blushed and looked away. I don't  even know why I'm blushing. Is it weird that I kinda found it romantic that he thought of me and got me food? 

"Eat up." He unwrapped the tin foil and handed me the sandwich that was cut in half. I took a good look at the sandwich, he even knows to get it with salt, pepper, and ketchup. He knows me so well. I gave him a thank you kiss on his cheek and bit right into my sandwich.