13

I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS BOOK!!!! I feel like I don't commit to my stories enough and stop writing for months! But here's another chapter for y'all!

Today marked the first day of winter. You know what that means! Nothing but red noses, numb fingers, and fucking colds! God, I hate the cold as much as I hate the heat. My type of weather is a nice, warm temperature. Not too cold, not too hot. I'm getting ready to meet up with Jess at the nearby café, but I don't know what to wear. Should I wear plaid, or strips? I should go with plaid right? Nah, that's too lumberjacky. And the stripes? I'm gonna look like a mime.
"Zac! I need help!" Zac ran into the room, worry written all over his face.
"What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I rolled my eyes at him. I hate how he's always worried about me. Does he not have anything else to worry about?
"Don't worry, I'm fine." Zac sighed in relief.
"But you said you needed help." His brows furrowed.
"I do. Should I wear plaid or stripes?" I held up both shirts, holding them in front of me to show him my looks.
"Kalen, don't actually scream for help if you don't need it."
"But I do need help. Plaid or stripes?"
"I mean, don't cry for help if you're not in danger!" I rolled my eyes again. He's such a drama queen.
"Okay, whatever. Plaid or stripes?" Zac sighed and walked out. What the fuck!! Is he actually not gonna help me?
"Zac! Zac! Come back!" I yelled out, but no response. "Plaid or stripes?!" Silence. You know what? Fuck him! I'll just wear plaid.
I put my outfit on and fixed up my hair, grabbed my phone and keys, and left my house. I began my walk to the café before Zac showed up next to me, coming out of nowhere. I'm starting to get use to him popping up in places randomly. At first I'd get scared out of my mind, but at this point, I expect him to be walking with me wherever I go. Zac's my bitch.
"Where you goin'?" Zac asked without turning his head to face me.
"Somewhere."
"Like where?"
"A place." This time Zac turned to me.
"Where is that place?"
I sighed and stopped walking, so did he.
"What's up with all these questions? Why are you so worried about me all the time?"
"I'm your guard, I need to know where you go. Also, after the whole Hunter thing, I just wanna make sure you're okay." I put both my hands on Zac's shoulder.
"Zac, I'm fine. I've move passed the whole Hunter thing. Besides, I have my bitch protecting me."
Zac groaned, "FOR THE LAST TIME! IM NOT YOUR BITCH!" Oh, but he is.
"Alright, sorry for calling you my bitch, slave."
He scoffed and ignored what I said, "You still haven't told me where you're going."
"Jesus, Zac! I'm going to the café to meet up with Jess!" He nodded his head, but kept quiet.
"Do you wanna come?" I asked, and he looked at me with a silly smile on his face.
"I'd love to." This guy is ridiculous.
We showed up to the café, and Jess was sitting in a booth next to a giant window she was looking out of. She waved her hand, gesturing to come over when we locked eyes. I smiled and made my way to the table with Zac close by.
"Hey bitch." Jess and I said in unison. We laughed at how the first thing we say when we see each other, is that.
"What's Zac doing here?" Zac and I sat in front of her.
"Oh ya know, legally stalking me." Zac scoffed and rolled his eyes, thinking I didn't see that, I elbowed him hard in the ribs and heard a quiet whimper from him.
"So, I heard from Lucy in the soccer team, who heard from Jack, her boyfriend, who heard from Tina the weird girl at school, who heard from Nancy, who heard from Luke, who heard from Hunter that he fucked you, but you were no good so he dumped you. So naturally, I slapped Lucy, Jack, Tina, Nancy, and Luke in the face for saying such a thing. Those bitches saw it coming anyways." Jess sipped her iced coffee, while looking at her acrylic tips.
"Did you say anything to Hunter?"
"Aw hell na, if that rapist tried to rape you, I wouldn't know what he would do to me. I love you with all my heart, Kalen, but getting raped isn't worth it. And besides, Hunter's a little pussy for making that shit up anyways. That little flat Caucasian ass always up to something no good." She shook her head in disappointment.
I laughed at her remarks. She was right though, Hunter did have a flat ass.
"I'm gonna be right back." Zac whispered into my ear and walked out. What was that all about?
"So, are you and Zac getting together or not?" Jessy smirked when she saw my face after asking that.
Why would she think Zac and I are gonna get together? I don't like Zac that way, and I know he doesn't like me that way either.
"What? No! I don't like him. He's just my guard, nothing else." My voice went a pitch higher, I don't know why, but it just did.
"Sure you don't like him... But when y'all get together, I'm gonna say 'I told ya so.'"
Zac came back into the booth, Jess and I immediately went quiet.
"Everything okay?" Zac scrunched his brows together in confusion.
"Yup. Nothing wrong here." I awkwardly laughed.
"Yeah, it's not like we're talking about you, or anything." I kicked Jess in the shins and she whimpered in pain.
"Okay." Zac said slowly, being suspicious of us. Oh no, he knows we were talking about him.
"I'm gonna get going. See you around amigo." I waved goodbye and Jessy got up, and left.
After I ordered a sponge cake, and consumed it in a rapid pace, Zac and I left to go home. He was acting kinda weird though. He had his arm around my waist, tight. It was as if he knew there was something going after me?
"Is everything alright, Zac?"
He turned to me with a fake smile plastered on his face. "Yeah, why would you think there's something wrong?"
"Because you're holding onto me really tight. I enjoy your presence, but you don't have to get so close to me." I tried to get out of his hold, but he only held on tighter.
"There's someone watching us. I don't know who, but they are. We have to make it look like we're just normal people, who happen to be a couple." He whispered into my ear.
"What? I'm not gonna pretend that we're a couple. We could just pretend to be friends."
"Wait, I thought we were friends." We stopped walking for a good 5 seconds. I guess we are friends....
"Usually, if vampires see that we're a couple, they'd back off because they'd see us kissing and shit. And they would think we had sex, and one of us could have some type of shit like AIDS or something. Just because we're vampires, it doesn't mean we don't enjoy clean blood." That's interesting...
"But wait. Can't you just assume that almost every person you bite has AIDS or HIV?"
"I guess you can say that, but it's also a less of a risk to kill one body than 2."
"Why couldn't you just say that? Instead of telling me all about that AIDS shit?"
He shrugged. "I didn't think of that reason before. We have to actually pretend that we're a real couple though."
"How?" Before he could reply, Zac smacked his lips against mine, I was appalled at first, but I'm kinda enjoying it? He's a really good kisser. He pulled me closer to him, making our kiss more passionate. His tongue went into my mouth, exploring it. He bit my bottom lip and I moaned out in pleasure, but I caught myself before I fully moaned. We both pulled apart, but I didn't want this to end. Our foreheads against each other, him looking into my eyes.
"Wow, you're a really good kisser." Zac chuckled at my comment.
"You're not so bad yourself." We both laughed and walked home.