15

I woke up in the arms of Zac, I was curled up in his chest, his scents filling my nose. I nuzzled into him more for his warmth.
"Good morning." Zac chuckled.
I didn't say anything, I just groaned and tried to cuddle up with Zac even more.
"What time is it?" My voice muffled.
"Time for you to get up." I groaned again, "No seriously, get up. We're going somewhere."
I slowly looked up at Zac, confusion written on my face.
"Where are we going?" It's Saturday and Saturdays are for sleeping in.
"You'll find out, get dressed." Zac kissed my forehead and got up. His hand extended for me to grab, I happily take his hand and got out of bed.
I quickly changed and got ready, Zac waiting for me in my room. When I walked in, his head was down, his eyes so focused on his phone. I decided to sneak up on him and try to scare him. Half way through tip toeing into the room, Zac whipped his head around so fast, and tackled me within a second.
"Did you try to scare me?" Zac still had his hands, pinning me down. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he's just too strong.
I sighed in defeat, "Yeah, but I didn't know you'd hear me."
"I have super hearing, what did you expect?" He chuckled.
"I don't know, I was expecting you to jump, but I guess not."
Zac let out a light chuckle, "Oh, silly human, you really thought you were stealthy. You guys always forget you have a heartbeat."
I rolled my eyes in fake annoyance, and tried to push him off but he wouldn't budge. I stopped pushing, took a deep breathe and tried turning him over again, but he still didn't move. I tried one more time, and nothing happened. The whole time Zac and I were making eye contact, and it was starting to get awkward between our stares and my terrible attempt to get him off me.
"Did you really think you'd be able to push me off?" He cocked his head to the side.
"It was worth a shot."
Zac finally let me go and we made our way to his car.
5 minutes into the ride, and the vehicle was already filled with an awkward silence. "So... a vampire huh? How old are you? Can you eat garlic? Will you turn to dust if I shine a light on you? Do you have a heartbeat?"
Zac laughed showing his perfectly pearly whites. "Oh, we're suddenly playing 20 questions?"
"I mean we just recently met, and I barely know anything about you."
He sighed, "Fine, but I'm only gonna answer one question, choose wisely."
It took me a minute to think about it. "Do you miss any of your loved ones that you had to watch grow up and die?"
"Everyday." He said in a small voice.
"Who did you have to watch die?"
"My mother, my sister and brother... my wife... and my son." Zac had a son? Wait wait wait, back up, he had a wife? Is he straight? Or maybe he's bi?
The car went silent, I knew I shouldn't have asked him that question. What the hell was I thinking? That shit was so dark!
I put my hand on his lap, and looked up at him. "I'm sorry for your loss." He shot me a weak smile and tried to change the subject.
"It's fine. Enough about me, tell me more about you."
"What do you wanna know?" I chuckled.
"Everything."
I scrunched up my brows in confusion, "You've been following me around for basically my whole life. You already know everything about me."
"Yes, that maybe true, but I never knew who your first crush was, or which teacher you hated the most, or your hopes and aspirations."
"Well my first crush was in the 5th grade and I had this huge crush on Jack Nikolton."
"Hold up, Jack? Jack Nikolton? That fucking idiot that got a pen cap stuck up his nose? That Jack? No way."
"Okay fine, I'll admit, Jack wasn't the smartest but he was so cute."
Zac scoffed and rolled his eyes, "That kid was so fucking stupid. He would stick a staple into his arm and go to the nurse just to get out of class."
"How do you remember all these things?"
"Oh please, I've been following you for like your whole life, and I have great memory."
I shook my head, "You're just jealous Jack grew up to be hot as fuck."
"Umm excuse me? I'm hot as fuck too, and I've been hot as fuck for centuries, bye girl." He put his hand up, as if he was waving me goodbye. What a drama queen.
"What about you? What are your hopes and dreams?" I asked Zac.
"To not get killed, and get a fat paycheck."
I rolled my eyes, "No, seriously. What do you really want in life?"
He shrugged, "I don't know."
"You don't know, or you don't wanna tell me?" He shrugged again.
"Why don't you open up more?" AND HE FUCKING SHRUGGED AGAIN!!!
________________________________
I finally uploaded another chapter after how many months? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I promise I'll try to write more!!