8

I HAVE FINALLY UPLOADED ANOTHER CHAPTER AFTER A MILLION YEARS!! Please don't forget to vote!!

The car ride to the party was extremely awkward. I was sitting next to Zac in the back seat of Jess' car. What made it really awkward was the fact that the radio wasn't on because it was broken, so we all sat in silence for half an hour. It felt like the longest car ride on Earth. The second we arrived at the party, I ran the fuck out of the car to avoid the awkwardness. I also didn't want to be stuck with Zac. I mean he's nice and all (sometimes), but he could get awkward too and I don't want to go through the awkward thing that we had in the car again.
There was a shit ton of people at the party, and the music was deafening.
"I'm gonna go get a drink" Jesse tried to scream over the music and dragged her girlfriend to the back, leaving me with Zac. We just stared at each other, not knowing what to do.
"Hey, I'm also gonna get a drink. Do you want one?" I screamed as loud as I possibly can.
"Nah, I'm good. I can't drink." I made my way to the back, but was stopped by a REALLY hot guy.
"Hey, you're really cute. Can I get you a drink?" I couldn't hear this guy because of the music and gave him a confused face.
He leaned in, closer to my face. "I said that you're really cute. Can I get you a drink?"
"Sure." I followed him to the back, where the drinks were.
He gave me a red cup, filled with beer. "I'm Hunter by the way."
"Kalen." I introduced myself.
"So are you friends with the person who started this party?" He tried to yell over the loud music.
"No, I just came with my friend." He couldn't hear me, so he leaned his ear closer to my mouth.
"I just came with a friend."
"Oh yeah, me too. I don't know anyone here." Now I couldn't hear, and had to lean closer to him.
"Do you want to go someplace quieter?" This time he screamed louder, and I could hear him. I nodded and he held my hand, bringing me upstairs. We passed by Zac and he was giving me that look of what-the-fuck-are-you-doing. I smiled and shrugged, and turned away, no longer facing him.
Hunter brought me into a room that wasn't being occupied. "Do you go to Easton High?"
I nodded "Yeah I do. Do you?"
"Yup. It's weird, I've never seen you around."
"I guess we just never noticed each other before."
"I couldn't ever miss a face like that." I felt my face heat up from him saying that.
"You're not so bad yourself."
"Me? Really? You think I'm good looking?" He looked taken back from my compliment.
"Yeah, have you seen a mirror?" He lightly chuckled.
"I know that we just met, but would you like to hang out sometime? Maybe grab something to eat?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Cool. Can I get your number?" He took out his phone, waiting for my reply. I took his phone and placed my number under my name, and he took mine, to put his number in it.
"I guess I'll text you sometime." He said with a bright smile.
"So what grade are you in?"
"I'm a senior, what about you?" He replied.
"I'm a senior too."
"That's cool. Do you have any ideas of what you're gonna do after high school?" He put his phone back into his pocket.
"No, I haven't thought about it."
"Once I get out, I'll get into college football."
"You're in the football team?" That would explain his hotness and a good amount of muscles showing through his shirt.
"Yup, I play quarter back, and I just got a full scholarship to college."

"No way, that's awesome."

"You should come see one of my practices sometime, and we'll go grab a drink afterwards."

"Sure. When's your next practice?"

"Monday."

"Okay, I'll see you Monday then." I left seeing Jess' text that we were going because her girlfriend drank too much.
I descended down the stairs, only to be face to face with Zac.

"What the hell were you thinking, going upstairs with a man you've never met?"

"Will you calm down Zac? Nothing happened. We just talked and exchanged phone numbers. Why are you so jealous?" I laughed, walking out the door.

"I'm not jealous, I'm protecting you."

"From what? A really nice guy that goes to my school?"

"You're gonna regret it when you actually get taken, and I'm not going to be there to save you."

"Suit yourself. Don't worry, Hunter's really nice."

"Hunter? That's the most cliché hot guy name there is." Zac scoffed and went into the car.

"And Zac isn't?"

"Okay, but I'm actually good looking." I scoffed this time and shook my head.

"Aren't you a little cocky?"

"Well I do have one, a big one in matter of fact." I stared him with one of my eyebrows raised. "Look, all I'm saying is that he could be dangerous. You don't even know him."

"Well with the 10 minutes that I spent with
him, I know that his name is Hunter, I have his phone number, he plays football, and he got a full scholarship to college."

"Oh my god, even everything you know about him is cliché. You meet a 'hot' guy named Hunter and he plays football?"

"Shut the fuck up, Zac. He's a football player from my school, named Hunter and he happens to be good looking."

"I'm just trying to look out for you. He could kidnap you and chain you to a cage in his basement."

"Why don't you want me to be happy? I've been single for a very long time and it would be nice if I was supported by the people around me."

"First of all, we do support you. And second, it's just me opposing, no one else in this car is saying shit."

The car suddenly went really quiet.

"Let's play some music." Jess said, turning on the volume on her phone. The rest of the car ride was silent. There was only sounds of Jessy McCartney playing.

Jess dropped me and Zac off at my house. I ran up to my room and locked the door to change, and unlocked it when I was finished. He walked in and took off his shirt, showing his six pack and V-line that goes down to his-

"You know I'm just trying to protect you, right?"

"Why do you have to be so overprotective?"

"Because it's my job."

I walked to my bed and laid down, closing my eyes just so I could end this conversation.
He is honestly gonna be the reason why I will blow up one day.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FIR READING!! If you enjoyed reading this chapter, please don't forget to vote!
-S