12

I hope all of you guys like this chapter!

I was still half asleep when I was trying to get more warmth from my blanket. It's starting to get cold out and I can definitely feel it from my room. I snuggled into my blanket more and I felt an arm wrap around me. I immediately opened my eyes to see that I was in Zac's embrace, all cuddled up and stuff. I quickly pulled away, feeling the heat go to my cheeks.
"Good morning" Zac said.
"Good morning" I turned away from him and rubbed the sleep away from my eyes.
"Don't you ever get bored, lying awake all night?" I ask giving us a little distance.
"I guess, but it's not too bad. You get used to not sleeping and getting bored. I would like to sleep again" he chuckled "but you can't always get what you want."
I got off the bed, going into the bathroom to brush my teeth, when I heard my mom downstairs screaming "breakfast is ready".
YES BREAKFAST!! I quickly brushed my teeth, then my hair, and ran down the stairs. Once I got down to the dining room, the table was filled with stacks of pancakes and pitchers of orange juice. I LOVE ME SOME PANCAKES!
Zac pulled out a ziplock bag filled with blood, and a straw inside. Ugh gross.
"Can you please take that somewhere else, it's grossing me out." I looked away from the bag.
"Yeah, well your food is grossing me out. Can you put it away?"
I just rolled my eyes and scoffed. "At least my food actually taste good."
"The fuck? My food tastes good too! It just requires a mature palette."
"How mature? Like a million years old mature?"
"Alright then, let's make a deal. I'll try your food to see if it's actually 'good,' and you have to try mine." He swung his bag of blood in front of my face.
"Ew, no that's disgusting. I don't know what that person had, they could've had an STD for all I know."
"You'll be fine, the person seemed pretty clean." Zac said in the most nonchalant way, as if he didn't just kill a person for this. "Come on, Kalen, don't be a chicken."
I scoffed and caved in, "fine, but I'm only trying one teeny tiny drop." I opened the bag to dip my finger tip in the deep red liquid. I put the finger to my face, and shoved a whole piece of my pancake into Zac's mouth. He clearly didn't see that coming because I think he accidentally swallowed it?
"Ugh that tastes so gross." He coughed, "what was that for?"
"For fun." Then I realized I never knew what would happen if he consumed regular food. Oh my god, is he gonna die? Am I gonna kill him?
"What's gonna happen now, since you just ate human food?" I asked worriedly.
"Hold that thought." Zac quickly ran to the back door, and swung it wide open. He ran as far as he could before throwing up the pancake he just had.
"That's what happens." Mom said behind me as we both watched Zac.
Zac ran back into the house looking groggy. "You okay?" I asked when he walked pass me, leaving me alone.
"Yup."
"I have to get going, I'll see you guys later." Dad got up and walked out the door.
"I hope that man burns in hell." Mom mumbled under her breathe. Zac and I stared at her, then at each other. For a split second, our stares kinda felt like an eternity. A smile began to creep up on Zac's face when he saw me start to blush. I immediately looked away and continued to shove pancakes down my throat.
"Gotta run, I need to meet up with someone." Zac walked out the door, and didn't look back.
After finishing breakfast, I went back up to my room to start my homework. On a second thought, it's only Saturday, I could do my homework tomorrow.

An hour after, I heard the window open to my left, where I was laying on my bed. Zac crawled through and laid with me.
"Hey Zac, I've been thinking, why did my parents hire you?" I turned my head to face him.
He shrugged. "I don't know. The organization gives me people to protect and I don't question them."
"Well didn't you at least have to know some background information about me?" He turned and face me.
"All I knew about you was that you were 8, and you were adopted. Why are you asking about this?"
"No reason, I just wanted to know a little bit more about your job."
"Okay..." Zac said, still skeptical.
AAHHHHHH!!! IM FINALLY BACK AND WRITING!! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and follow me!!!