Twenty-one

A/N: Tessa's outfit ^^^

Tessa

"You look gorgeous, I promise, Tee," Hazel says, smiling like a proud mother. "Now let's do your hair and some makeup."

I try not to, but I smile at her compliment and sit down at my vanity mirror.

She brushes my hair gently and I close my eyes, dwelling in the feeling. Feeling her fingers brush my head and run through my hair.

It feels so nice. It reminds me of momma, when she used to brush my hair for me before school.

I miss her so much. I'd give anything just for one more minute with her. So I could hug and kiss and give her all the love I have bottled up for her.

Gently, Hazel pulls my hair into a high pony tail with her hands. "Do you like this?"

I nod. "Yeah. It's perfect."

She nods and ties it into place with a hairband. Then, she spins my spinning stool around and puts light makeup on my face.

Just some highlighter, lipgloss and a tiny bit of blush.

"You look gorgeous, Tee. So beautiful." I smile at her compliments and nod.

"Thank you so much, Hazel. I don't know what I'd do without you." We hug for a bit until the doorbell rings, making my heart jump. "Oh god."

I look in my mirror one last time, adjusting my dress and jacket until I'm comfortable.

I nod to myself. I look good. Not too fancy, not too casual, just right.

Maybe it'll seem like we're on a date, but I don't care. Maybe I want this to be a date. Maybe Killian does, too.

My feelings are too new and too confusing to know what I want right now.

But I do know I'm excited. Killian's my best friend. Everything will be fine, as long as I'm with him.

"Just have fun. You'll be okay," Hazel says, giving me one last hug. "I'll leave after you're gone, okay?"

I nod and thank her once more before skipping steps to get downstairs and to the door as quickly as I can.

I open the door to Killian holding a single red rose. I look him up and down, my heart beating faster.

He's wearing a loose white button up half tucked into some loose black jeans.

He takes a second to look at my outfit and then smiles. "You look beautiful."

I blush and glare at him. He's just trying to rile me up again.

He looks behind me and suddenly he's a little terrified. I turn around to see all of my brothers, and even dad, too, glaring straight at Killian with death in their eyes.

As soon as they see me looking, they cough awkwardly and go back to whatever they were doing.

I groan. Typical.

"Give me one second," I say, holding up a finger. He nods with a smile, so I run into the kitchen and give papa a hug. "I'll see you later, papa. Love you."

"Love you, too, sweet pea. Remember my rules, okay?" I nod and hug him once more before saying and waving goodbye to the rest of my family and going back to Killian.

I give Hazel a hug and rush back to the door, my stomach fluttering. Hazel gives me a wink, so I glare and laugh at her.

"You ready?" Killian asks, and I nod. I shut the front door behind me and we walk to a car.