Twenty-two

Tessa

"What are we watching?" I ask for the fifth time as we make our way into the cinema. "Come on, just tell me!"

"Nope. You'll have to wait and see." I huff and cross my arms over my chest.

I have no guesses. No clue whatsoever.

"I've already ordered our tickets under Killian," Killian says when it's our turn, and the lady at the register nods and prints out two tickets. I try to sneak a peek at the name on them, but Killian hides it away before I can with a laugh. "Can we also get two large popcorns and two large frozen cokes, and a bag of maltesers, please."

The lady nods and starts making our food. Once she's done, she pulls out the eftpos machine and puts it in front of us.

I put my mind in game mode and try to push Killian away so I can pay. "I'm paying!" I yell.

"Nope," Killian says, smiling. The lady just smiles, too.

I grab my card and aimlessly wave it in front of the ladies face. "Just do it for me!" I tell her, out of breath.

I'm pushing him as hard as I can, but he's not moving an inch! What the hell does this guy weigh? What's he made out of? Metal?

"Look, it's your dad!" Killian says, pointing somewhere behind me.

I just laugh smuggly. "Ha! Good try, buddy, but that won't work on me!"

I try pushing his forehead backward, but it does nothing but make him laugh.

Before I can even realize what's happening, Killian puts an arm around my shoulders and hugs me to his chest.

I try to shove him away, but he doesn't budge. I groan. Seriously, just how strong is this guy?

By the time he's let me go, he's already paid and grabbing our stuff.

I groan again and grab my food with a pout. "You really do suck, you know that!"

He just smiles at me and we walk to our cinema room.

"Where do you want to sit?" He ask, so I walk to a middle isle and sit down in the middle of it. It's almost completely empty in here!

Just what are we watching?

After a few ads and previews of movies, ours starts playing.

It takes me a second, but eventually I realise we're watching Spider-Man: into The Spider-Verse.

"Oh my gosh! I've been wanting to watch this ever since it came out! How'd you know?" I whisper yell, excited.

"You told me, remember?" Killian says, and I look at him, confused. "At school, you were telling everyone how much you've been wanting to watch this."

My mind clicks and I smile. "Right. I didn't think you'd remember that, though."

"Of course I did." He smiles and then looks back at the screen.

I smile too and lean my head on his shoulder. He's so perfect. How does he always manage to remember these kinds of things?

After the movie, we decide to go bowling, after all.

We also decide to eat dinner together at a restaurant somewhere, so after a bunch of rounds of bowling and playing in the joint arcade there, we drive to a fancy looking restaurant.

It's already dark. Today's gone so fast, but it was such an amazing day.

When we find our seats in the restaurant, at a cute but fancy little round table near the window, Killians phone starts ringing.