chapter 1;;

"does three months sound good, boys?"

"make it five!" heeseung counters jake's suggestion. "it takes longer than you think to fall in love."

"come on, it's park sunghoon we're talking about here. he could make any girl fall for him with the snap of his fingers." i smirk at jake's comment. he's not lying.

heeseung nods. "alright, three months. you hear that, sunghoon? three months to make a girl fall in love with you."

"and then..?" i raise an eyebrow.

jay speaks up. "you crush her heart."

"woah, woah, woah." i hold up a hand. "i'm not just gonna do it. let's make this a bet, boys. if it fails and i don't earn her love, i'll give you each a hundred bucks."

jake whistles at my suggestion. heeseung looks to him and jay. "and if he succeeds?"

"i'll give you my motorbike." jay says.

"oh, fuck yeah. you're on." we shake on it. i guess the only thing left to ask is, "which girl?"

they all think for a minute before heeseung replies. "what about kang y/n?"

"who?"

"oh, i think i've seen her around before." jake jumps in. "isn't she our junior? she always walks around with.. what's his name?"

"isn't it mickey?" jay asks.

jake shakes his head. "no... god, that's gonna bug me."

"niki, i think?" heeseung says.

"dude, yes! niki! you ever seen her, sunghoon?"

can't say i have. neither name rings a bell. "don't think so."

"then kang y/n should be the girl. right, boys?" heeseung looks to jay and jake. they both nod. "alright, sunghoon. your three months start tomorrow."

"tomorrow?"

"after you ask her out."

(🧸)

the next day at school, heeseung points out kang y/n to me. she's kinda pretty, i guess. she has a youthful look to her that makes her more innocent. i can't wait to break her heart and win jay's bike. i've been eyeing that thing ever since he got it.

she sits down on a bench while some tall guy, who i'm assuming is niki, drops his backpack next to her and then runs back into the school. perfect, she's alone. now's the time. my three friends snicker as i head over to her.

"hey." i say coolly.

she looks up from her phone to meet my eyes. i think she recognizes me because her expression suddenly changes. i can sense the surprise. "me?"

i laugh. "yes, you." she squints her eyes a little and i can tell she's doubting my motives in coming over here. i clear my throat. "do you want to go out sometime?"

she raises her eyebrows. "like on a date?"

"ideally, yes."

"you're asking me on a date?" she chuckles. "very likely."

"yeah, i am." now she's just pissing me off. does she really need to question the fact that i'm asking her out? she should feel lucky that a hot guy like me is even talking to her.

she rolls her eyes. "do you even know my name?"

"kang y/n." i say. she stares at me for a moment. "look, i've liked you for a little while now and just wanted to ask you out but if you don't want to then-"