chapter 14;;

i lift my head up to hear tiny breaths coming from the girl laying her head against my chest. butterflies erupt in my stomach as i realize she fell asleep. she fell asleep in my arms even after everything we've been through.

i get a bit more comfortable in the chair i sat down in not too long ago, her legs draped over one of mine as she sits in my lap. her hair falls in front of her eyes so i gently remove one of my arms from around her to tuck the strands behind her ear.

she looks so peaceful, not at all like she's suffering from major heartbreak. or maybe she's not. maybe she's fine and has moved on already. oh god, i hope she hasn't moved on already!

my phone buzzes in my pocket. i take it out very gently in an attempt not to wake the sleeping angel. a few texts from jay and heeseung, one from my mom, and one recent one from jake. i decide to look at jake's first.

jake :)
are you coming??
the lunch line is already really long

oh shit. i totally forgot it's lunch break right now. niki's probably wondering where y/n is as well. i click on my best friend's contact and dial his number.

a crackling sound before, "dude, where the hell did you go? did you go home? hangover that bad, huh?"

"just get lunch without me. i'm a bit busy currently."

"why are you whispering?"

i glance at y/n before responding, still in a hushed tone. "uh, it's kind of a long story. let's meet up after school and i'll tell you."

"alright, alright. i'll see you then."

"mhm, see you." i hang up the phone and stuff it back into my uniform.

my eyes can't help but roam over her sleeping figure. she's so beautiful without even trying. i love her so fucking much. why did i have to go and ruin everything?

she starts to stir and i swear i see her eyes beginning to open. panicking and not wanting her to catch me staring, i quickly shut my eyes and pretend to be asleep.

my chest feels cold as she lifts her head off of where she was laying for so long. "sunghoon..?" she whispers.

i don't respond but i can feel her gaze on me, even without my sight. it's not long before her fingertips graze over my forehead as she brushes my hair out of my face. oh, how i've missed her doing that.

all of a sudden, as if on cue or something, she halts in place. i have no idea what just happened. did she see something outside of the room? or did a thought pop in her head? god, the suspense.

"i know you're awake." she says. well then.

i open one eye, finding her staring straight at me. "what gave it away?"

"you're blushing."

i bring my palms to my cheeks, feeling the warmth radiating off of my skin. "o-oh."

isn't that just a sign i really do care about her? i want to say that, but instead i bite my tongue. no need to piss her off. "how long was i out for?"

i shake my head. "not sure. i only just realized you were asleep."

"oh." we sit in silence for a minute before y/n realizes she's still in my lap and her arms are still around my waist. "oh, right, sorry." she says while getting up.

i unknowingly pout as she does. we both stand up facing each other. "a-are you hungry?"

"what?"

i rock on the heels of my feet. "lunch is almost over. aren't you hungry? i know i am."