chapter 13;;

all throughout school the next day, my head is pounding. the migraine is a mix of drinking too much and sobbing too hard. not to mention, i barely got any sleep last night after jake left. my head was just a constant void of thoughts about her. y/n wouldn't leave my mind.

i walk down the hallway with my hands on either side of my forehead. i know the noise around isn't too loud but it's still aching. god, i knew i'd regret it.

while looking down at the floor, desperately wishing for the headache to go away, i accidentally bump into someone.

"oh, sorry, i-"

"sunghoon?" i slowly lower my hands and lift my head up to meet y/n's eyes.

i swallow. "o-oh, y/n. sorry about that." why did it have to be her? i'm suddenly reminded of my breakdown last night.

"i love her, jake. the way she looked at me.. it broke my heart." i cry into his arms.

he moves his hand up and down on my back. "what exactly happened, sunghoon? i know she found your journal, but what happened after that?"

"hell. that's what happened. i don't know if i can handle seeing her in school. just the sight of her makes me nearly burst out crying."

"then why don't you tell her that? tell her how much you care. how much you love her."

i shake my head. "she won't listen to me. do you blame her? i don't. i wouldn't listen to me either."

"maybe i can say something."

"don't bother. she won't listen to you either. she'd only listen to niki, and even he won't listen to you."

i look at y/n, fighting back the urge to break into tears. "it won't happen again. i'll watch where i'm going from now on."

"are you okay?" she asks. i just stare at her in shock. she's asking if i'm okay? if i'm okay? i should be the one asking her that, though i already know the answer.

"i'm fine." i lie. she shouldn't be worrying about me.

"you look pale. and thin, too. are you eating enough?"

"three meals a day. don't worry about me."

she brings her hand up to my forehead and i freeze in place. her touch against mine. i miss it. god, she has no idea what she does to me. broken up or not.

she frowns. "no fever. why are you so pale then?"

i know it's meant to be rhetorical, a question to herself, but i answer it anyway. maybe the alcohol is still in my my system. it was a lot, especially for a lightweight who never drinks.

"probably from the weather or something."

"come with me." she tugs on my sleeve, leading me into an empty classroom. i sit in one of the chairs as she leans against the desk in front of me. "there's no color in your face..."

"i'm fine." i assure her, taking her hand in mine. she doesn't stop me, but probably because she feels pity. i hate that she pities me. she shouldn't care at all.

"you're eating?"

i nod. "i'm all good, y/n. just a minor headache but i'm fine. well, except for the constant heartache. that hurts like a bitch."

why the fuck did i just say that to her face? i'm such a lightweight. god, i'm horrible. "h-heartache?"

i wave my hand. "don't worry about me."