chapter 9;;

"where are we going?" y/n giggles as i cover her eyes with one hand while leading her down the sidewalk. the sounds of cars rushing by fills the air as we continue walking. "we're not gonna get run over, are we?"

i laugh. "do you really think i'd let that happen?"

"hm... nope. you like me too much."

i love you too much. "that's right. you're walking on the side of the sidewalk that's away from the road. i'm the one right next to it."

"oh." she chuckles. "i can't tell what side we're on."

"cute." i kiss her cheek. she jumps a little at the sudden contact but i reassure her it was just me and nothing dangerous.

"are we close?" she asks hopefully.

i nod, though she can't see me. "very close."

"the anticipation is killing me!"

"patience, angel. just a little further up ahead."

i lead her carefully down a row of stairs, to which she starts asking a million questions, but i deflect them all. would it kill her to have just the tiniest bit of patience? gosh, she's so adorable.

"okay." i say as i stop the two of us right in front of my surprise. "are you ready?"

she pouts. "you're doing this on purpose. just show me already!"

i laugh. "okay, okay. my hand is coming off.." i lower my hand from her eyes to intertwine our fingers instead. "now."

she gasps and instantly smiles at the scene in front of her. in honor of our first of many valentine's days, i set up a small picnic by the han river. nothing too extraordinary, just a blanket and some food. the usual picnic attire.

"oh my gosh, did you do this all by yourself?"

"yep. it's one of my many talents."

"setting up picnics?" she hides a smile.

"you laugh but you know it's the best picnic you've ever seen."

she ruffles my hair. i love it when she does that. "of course, hoon."

i sit down on the fabric covering a portion of the grass and gently pull her down beside me. i then grab the basket i packed all of our food in.

"hungry?" i ask.

she nods. "starved. and curious."

"so am i." i gesture to the bag she's been clutching ever since i picked her up earlier. "for me?"

"hm, no, for my other boyfriend i forgot to tell you about." she teases. "yes, for you."

she hands me the bag. "good. i better not have any competition." i look inside and take out a heart-shaped box. "chocolate?"

i feel myself beginning to blush as she nods. "it's an affectionate gift, isn't it? my mom always gives my dad chocolates on valentine's day."

"it is." i smile. "thank you. i'll make sure to eat every one."

"wait, there's one more thing in there."

"oh?" i look through the bag and pull out a picture frame. i laugh quietly. "how'd you know i needed one?"

"because that picture still isn't on your nightstand. i know you would have put it up right away if you had a frame."

i nod. "you know me well."

"do you like it? it's not too lame, i hope."

i shake my head. "it's not lame at all. i love it." i love you.