chapter 6;;

it's now been a month since y/n and i started dating, and that anniversary happens to fall on christmas eve. i can't wait until later tonight. y/n's parents are going out to a party so i'll get to come over and give her my gift.

i finally found the perfect thing. a symbol to show how much i care for her. the piece of jewelry is a beautiful silver color with tiny specks of sparkles shining through the exterior. perfect for the most perfect girl to ever exist.

"well, well, well. isn't that pretty?" jake says in a teasing tone as we both walk down the white streets covered with blankets of snow.

i look down at the delicate necklace in my hands. "very pretty. it's perfect."

"look at you smiling like an idiot." he nudges my shoulder. "if i didn't know better, i'd say you're actually falling for kang y/n."

"i-" i stop myself before i have the chance to answer. i can't tell him the truth. i promised myself i wouldn't.

"you what?" he questions.

i smile while thinking of her. "i definitely am."

his eyes widen and he grabs onto my arm to stop us from walking any further. "what?!"

"what?" what did i just say? wait... oh shit. "i- i mean-"

"how could you fall for her, dude?" he asks while running a hand over his face.

i run one through my hair. "i can't believe i just said that out loud."

"you're not supposed to like her!"

"i can't help myself! she's like a drug, jake. so damn addicting."

"oh, for the love of god." he pinches the bridge of his nose. "do jay and heeseung know?"

"no! and i'd really like to keep it that way if you don't mind. i'm trusting you with this."

he sighs but nods anyway. "alright. okay, alright, i won't tell a single soul."

i shoot him a grateful expression. "thank you."

"so..." he begins with a sly smirk on his lips. oh boy. i'm in for a wild ride now that he knows my secret. "this necklace must be really special, huh?"

"mm." i stare at it in the tiny box. "i can't wait to give it to her."

(🧸)

later that night, y/n and i sit in front of her christmas tree with the fireplace lit for a wave of warmth. although, my heart is already filled with warmth just by the sight of her. she smiles with her lips as she places presents under the tree.

"all for me?" i put my hand over my heart. "you shouldn't have."

she laughs. "don't get greedy, hoon."

..what? hoon..? my heart suddenly skips a few beats. why does my name sound so nice coming from her lips? i could absolutely get used to her calling me hoon.

she notices my face drain with color and giggles. "lovestruck?"

i come back to. "hardly."

"here." she picks up a present and hands it to me. it's wrapped in mistletoe wrapping paper. i chuckle lightly. "this one's yours."

i smile at her before tearing through the paper. i unwrap it to reveal the cover of a book. it's decorated with a picture of us at the ice skating rink and tiny heart stickers surrounding.