chapter 4;;

i think i might be starting to feel a little bit bad for y/n. but just a little. we've been going out for a little over two weeks now and it's safe to say she's not the worst company. i've gotten to know her better and she actually seems like a really good person. cute, too.

i'm maybe starting to feel guilty for leading her on. she seems to like me a lot and i guess i find her pretty and all, but i obviously don't have those same feelings. eh, oh well. you can't force things. it is what it is.

but i've been having this weird thing happen lately. my heart kinda goes a little crazy when i'm around her. just a little though. and my cheeks start to feel a bit hot, too. i thought i was getting sick so i took my temperature a few nights ago but it was perfectly fine. i don't know what's going on but it's the weirdest thing.

"and i'm also finding it a bit hard to look in her eyes for too long." i explain everything to my three friends at lunch. y/n's not here and niki didn't want to sit with us without her.

heeseung chuckles lightly. "i told you this would happen."

"what?"

"are you an idiot? you're totally falling for her!"

i instantly defend myself. "what?! you're insane! i am most certainly not falling for her!"

"it kinda sounds like you are." jay says.

i look at jake to back me up. he just shrugs and presses his lips together. great. so no one's on my side. that's just swell. nice and dandy.

"you guys have no idea what you're talking about. she's just a bet, alright? i'd never actually like her."

"then why does your heart speed up when you're with her?" jake cocks an eyebrow.

i shake my head. "i don't know. maybe i have a higher heart rate or something."

"yeah, cause that's more plausible."

"shut up." i roll my eyes at him.

heeseung interrupts jake before he has the chance to refute. "you're not supposed to like her. remember?"

"you can say goodbye to my bike if that's the case." jay adds.

"alright, no. i don't like her. how many times do i have to say that for you all to get it into your stupid tiny brains?"

"don't like who?" i turn around to the sound of niki's voice. it looks like he was passing by and just so happened to hear our conversation. thank god it was only the end.

i put on a friendly smile. "uh, just some girl from my english class. she's been all over me lately and i just want her to back off. i've already got a girlfriend."

"glad you remembered."

his comment bugs me but i ignore it and instead keep a smile on my face. y/n wouldn't want me to blow up at him. "do you want to sit with us for the rest of lunch?"

he looks around at all four of us before sitting down. "you can sit with us everyday if you want to." heeseung offers.

"i only sit here because y/n does." he turns to me. "you sure you weren't talking about her?"

i scoff. "of course not. i obviously like y/n, i'm dating her."

"for the right reasons?"

i narrow my eyes a smidge. what is that supposed to entail? an accusation? over time, the tension between us has only gotten stronger. it's clear to see he hates my guts. well, guess what, niki? the feeling's mutual, buddy.

"if wanting to be with her is the right reason, then yeah."

"whatever."

i slam my soda can down on the table. i have had more than enough of his snarky comments this past week. "i'm sorry, do you have a problem? if you have something to say, say it to my face."