chapter 12;;

i wordlessly hand my late pass to my homeroom teacher before walking to my assigned seat, jake right behind me. he took me to the nurse after y/n walked out. i don't blame her. i really fucked her up.

gasps can be heard all around as people catch sight of my face. cuts all over with purplish bruises and a swollen lip. whatever. i deserved much worse. it doesn't matter anymore. i don't care what happens to me.

all i care about is the one thing i can't have.

"dude, what the fuck happened?" jay whispers.

"is it true you got into a fight with niki?" heeseung asks.

i exchange a look with jake. "great. just great. it's so good to know people are talking about it."

"so it's true then?"

"yep." i pop out the last letter.

they both lean in closer toward me and jake. jay eyes me curiously. "he really fucked you up, huh? did you guys fight over y/n or something? see, we told you he likes her."

"jay," jake turns to him. "shut the fuck up."

he raises an eyebrow. "excuse me?"

"alright, enough!" i slam my fists down on the desk. the class turns back to look at me for a few seconds before getting back to their work.

"did something happen?" heeseung asks, setting a hand on my shoulder.

i chew on my bottom lip. jake senses my hesitation and speaks up for me. "do you want me to say it?"

i shake my head. no, it's best if i do. it's my relationship after all. or, well, was. "y/n broke up with me."

"what?!" heeseung gasps.

jay's eyes widen. "sunghoon, oh my god."

"she found out about everything. the bet, my journal, all of it. all because i'm a fucking idiot."

"she won't talk to you i'm assuming?" the eldest looks at me.

i frown. "would you?"

jay places his hand on my other shoulder. "don't worry. you'll get her back, dude. you really love her."

"you'll be okay, sunghoon." jake says from behind me.

i turn to him with a grateful smile. he's already been helping me so much. i can stand because of him. "i just want her to be happy. that's all that matters."

"not your happiness?"

"my happiness doesn't exist without her."

heeseung smiles at me. "we're here for you. you know that, right?"

"always." jay adds.

i nod, looking at all three of them. "i know. thanks."

(🧸)

the rest of the day is pretty rough. the days following that too. i don't see y/n or niki at all. i asked around and it seems she took a few days off. fuck. it's definitely because of me.

it's not until friday that i see her again. she finally returned to school, niki too i'm assuming. he's probably ready for round two by now.

i walk down the hallway, zoning off into my own head, that i nearly bump into a girl walking in the opposite direction. i look down and quickly step back when i see my angel standing in front of me.

"y-y/n." i manage to say.

she looks up to meet my eyes. she's not looking at me the same anymore. her eyes don't hold anything behind them. except for anger maybe. betrayal. but not love.