chapter 2;;

the next day at school, i spot y/n walking in the hallways. she walks the same way as me, i guess i just never noticed her before. niki isn't with her so i take this opportunity to hurry up and throw my arm around her shoulder.

she jumps a little but smiles once she sees it's me. "you scared me half to death."

"my bad." i return the smile. heeseung told me to make sure i do that. smiling at her more and more will help her believe this relationship is real, even if that's quite the contrary. "what class do you have right now?"

"ugh, science." she groans. "i dread going there."

"then what do you say you and i skip this period and go get some lunch or something?"

she instantly stops walking and removes my arm from around her. crap. "are you serious? school is important, sunghoon. we can't just skip because you want to."

so she's a stickler for the rules. that's fine. i can be too. "no, you're absolutely right. i just wanted an excuse for a second date."

she chuckles. "how about after school?"

"hm. i'm not sure i'll be able to wait that long."

she swats at my arm with a smile. seems like playing the 'needy boyfriend' card is working. although, i'm not sure if i'm technically her boyfriend yet. i guess i should work on that.

"you'll manage. i'll wait for you out front once school ends."

"can't wait." i lean down and kiss her cheek before heading off to my own class. i sit down at my desk and see my three best friends rush over to me.

"how did it go last night?" jake asks.

"did you smile like i told you to?" heeseung goes next.

i nod with a slight smirk on my lips. "it went exactly according to plan. we had dinner, she already likes me by the way, and i even kissed her goodnight."

jay's eyes widen. "you did?"

"well, of course he did, you dumbass." jake rolls his eyes. "how else is he supposed to fake a relationship?"

"okay, mr. know-it-all."

"she's not as bad as i thought she'd be." i say.

"uh oh." heeseung begins. "you're not gonna accidentally fall for her, are you?"

"what? are you insane? absolutely not." this is just a bet, nothing more. as if i'd ever fall in love with her. "i'm just saying, it could be worse. i'll have to act a little different around her but it's nothing i can't handle."

jay narrows his eyes. "different how?"

"well, for starters, i'll have to follow all the rules. no skipping class or shit like that. oh shit. i don't even know if i can swear around her. she told me last night that i'm such a gentleman. i'm sure gentleman don't swear."

"if she really likes you, she wouldn't care, right?" jake asks.

"yeah, i guess. alright, well, that's good at least."

heeseung chimes in. "has she called you her boyfriend yet?"

i shake my head. "not yet. i'm working on it, though. trust me, she'll be head over heels in love with me by the end of these three months." they all laugh in response.

(🧸)

by the time school is over, i walk out front to see y/n sitting on a bench exactly like she promised she'd be. the only weird thing? niki's with her. fucking fantastic. i've never spoken to this dude before, he better be cool.