chapter 15;;

i put one hand on her shoulder and use one finger to lift her chin, making her look up at me. "hey, what happened?"

she covers her face with her hands as the tears begin to fall again. "god, this is so embarrassing. this is the second time i've cried in front of you in one day."

"angel, what happened? what's wrong?"

"i just don't want to stay at home." she dodges my question but i don't mind. i need to make sure she's okay first. that's all i care about right now.

i nod. "of course you can stay here. come on inside, it's cold out." i lead her into the kitchen and grab a hoodie from the downstairs closet, handing it to her. "put this on."

she pulls it over her head. i try not to stare but i can't help it. there's something about seeing her in my clothing that's just so damn attractive.

i settle my hands on her waist and begin to lift her up before she stops me. "what do you think you're doing?"

i smile internally as i see the faintest bit of a pink tint reach her cheeks. "just let me, y/n." i lift her up again and sit her down on the counter. "it's snowing, i'm making you hot chocolate."

"sunghoon, you don't have to treat me like i'm some type of royalty." but you are. you deserve to be treated like that. "just act how you normally would."

normally? well, seeing as that would be kissing her, i can't act normally. at least, not my definition of normal. "this is normal. it's freezing."

"then thank you." we both give each other a tiny smile before i hand her the cup.

"are you hungry? i already ate but i can make you something."

she shakes her head. "i ate. with jake."

she adds the latter a moment later. i nod. "right, he told me he was meeting you. i'm sorry, it wasn't my idea. by the time i found out he was already on his way."

"it's okay. don't apologize."

i almost tell her about meeting up with niki but then think better of it to not to. he can tell her on his own. if he even decides to. i just hope he has the heart to give her my letter. because the way she looks at me now... it's not the same as it used to be. it's not love anymore.

"let's go upstairs. it's warmer up there."

i hold her cup as she gets down and then we both walk up the stairs. "where are your parents?" she asks as we climb the steps.

"on a business trip for a week. they left today."

"they must hate me." she laughs. not a real laugh though, one laced with pain. the kind of laugh that happens when you're sad and just so desperately want to be happy again. if she feels that way, i hate myself even more. i caused that.

i turn around. "what? why would they hate you?"

"well.. don't they? i mean, after everything."

"they don't know." i say as we walk into my room. "and even if they did, they'd hate me, not you."

i place both of our cups on my nightstand as y/n looks around. "wow." she marvels. "it really hasn't changed." she slides her fingertips along the wall, along my bed. i didn't think it would hurt so much seeing her back in here, but damn. it hurts like a bitch.

"not much can change in a week." i say. "but then again... it seems things can change overnight. one night you're having the time of your life and the next morning all hell breaks loose."

"don't." she says softly. so softly that i feel bad for saying it.

i sit down on my bed and motion for her to sit beside me. she does. it reminds me of last night when jake held my sobbing body in his arms. will the same happen with her?