chapter 7;;

class trip. because the best time to do so is apparently in january, when the air is frigid and you can't feel your toes because of how fucking cold it is. good idea, board of ed!

i hand my suitcase to one of the teachers and board the bus, followed by my three friends. i decide to take a seat closer to the back because there's an old myth that the heat works better back here. turns out, it's actually true.

jay and jake sit together in the pair of seats across from me. heeseung starts to bend down to take the seat next to me but i shove him away. he ends up falling into jay's lap, who pushes him on the floor. jake starts hysterically laughing his ass off.

"hey, what the hell?!" heeseung scolds me.

"are you actually dumb? that seat is for y/n, obviously."

while he and jay have their eyes on me, i spy jake making kiss faces to mimic me and y/n. i glare at him as he snickers to himself. what an idiot.

"where am i supposed to sit then?"

"you can sit right there." i point to the seats in front of my other two friends.

he pouts but sits there anyway. "this is ridiculous.." he mutters, arms crossed like a five year old.

other students start boarding the bus. a few come towards the back so i put my phone on the seat beside me to save it. nobody takes my girlfriend's seat.

i then see y/n and niki enter the bus shortly after. she looks around, as if she's looking for me, so i catch her attention by waving my hand.

she spots me, walking towards the back. niki takes the seat next to heeseung as she sits down beside me. she gives me a sweet smile. "thanks for saving me a seat."

"me too." niki says.

heeseung starts up. "oh, well, i didn't really save you a seat, actually i was forced to-" jake hits him on the back of the head. "ow!"

"no problem." jake smiles at the younger boy.

y/n giggles at their exchange. i subconsciously smile at her with i guess clear admiration, because jay gives me a confused look. i clear my throat before turning to stare out the window.

i hear my phone chime and look at it to see a message from jay. i look at him while furrowing my eyebrows. he just nods to his phone, telling me to read it.

jay:
you actually like her, don't you?

my eyes widen at his message. luckily y/n's focused on talking with niki right now, otherwise i'd be in deep trouble. but is it really that obvious? damn. i didn't want to tell anyone but jake.

me:
i didn't intend on falling for her.
i just couldn't help myself

jay:
well, shit

the bus starts up and i'm distracted from my messages by a rapid tapping on my arm. "this is so exciting!" y/n squeals. "i hope the campsite is nice and warm."

i laugh quietly. "you're very chipper, hm?"

"i'm just happy. remember how you said that?"

"i do."

"well, so am i." she lays her head on my shoulder and i swear a whole swarm of butterflies fills my stomach as it performs a million somersaults.

she feels my body tense up and chuckles. "see? i am your weakness."

"remember what happened last time you said that?" i tease.