chapter 3;;

i spot y/n in her first period classroom bright and early monday morning. she keeps her eyes on her teacher as he rambles on about stupid math formulas that nobody's ever gonna use once they get out of high school.

he walks past the doorframe and that's when i take my chance. i give a small wave with a smile on my face. i'm technically supposed to be using the bathroom right now (a lie to get out of class) but i decided, why not communicate with my "girlfriend" for right now? it'll only sell our relationship that much more.

she catches sight of me waving like a maniac to grab her attention and tries to cover her laughter with a hand in front of her mouth. to be honest, it's kinda cute. i blow her a kiss dramatically and she subtly opens and closes her hand as if she's catching it. i put my hand over my heart which causes her to laugh quietly.

"something funny, miss kang?" the teacher looks at her.

she straightens her posture and takes the smile off her face. "no, nothing. i'm sorry, sir."

once he's done being an asshole, i hold up my phone and point at it, signaling for her to text me instead. she shakes her head 'no'. i guess she probably doesn't want to get in trouble again. understandable. however, i don't give a fuck. i start walking past the door while typing out a message.

my plan seems to work because a moment later, i hear her excusing herself from class and hurrying after me. "you're gonna get me in trouble!" she whispers.

"i just wanted to see you. come on." i take her hand and pull her towards one of the exits. i know she's a rule follower and everything but i'm having a hard time abiding by every single rule.

"no, no, we can't leave. school is important, remember?"

"just fake being sick or something. let's go somewhere else." i snake my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. time to bring out the park sunghoon charm.

she laughs but escapes from my grasp. "i'll see you at lunch, okay? just hold off until then."

i raise an eyebrow. "at lunch?" i planned to sit with her today. is she already reading my mind?

she nods. "i was hoping you'd sit with me and niki."

oh, for fucks sake. the same dude who hates my guts? yeah, no thanks. "hm. how about if you sit at my table instead? you can get to know my friends a little."

okay, perfect. she can't possibly say no. "oh, okay. i'll let niki know."

are you fucking kidding me. i can't seem to escape this guy. wherever she goes, there he is. thankfully he doesn't show up on our dates, though i wouldn't put it past him. i force a smile. "great."

"i'll see you at lunch." she gives me a quick kiss before heading back to class. suddenly i'm dreading lunch.

(🧸)

i sit down at my usual table with my three idiot best friends and let them know what's going on. i also make them promise to be on their best behavior around her. i definitely don't want anything to stand between me and winning this bet.

"hey." y/n smiles as she takes the seat beside me. niki sits next to her.

"hey, you." i kiss her cheek before pointing at my friends. "okay, that's heeseung, jay, and jake. guys, this is y/n. and this is her friend, niki."

"nice to meet you." she says while sliding a bit closer to me. so she's the shy type, hm? cute.

heeseung smiles at her. "you too. we've heard lots of great things about you from sunghoon."