Changes - Pt. 4 About the Rose Woman and the American Cat

About part four:

9.4K words

Warnings: pain, hurt, disappointment, wine effects, forbidden thoughts, manipulation.

Mentions: retrospection, sobs, comforting, help, lessons, special bonds, attention, stories, joy, smiles, hidden treasures, letter, softness, memories, cats, temptations, beauty and intellect comparison, realization, jealousy, information, a play, goofy behavior, hopes, enchanted forest, intent focus and attention, conclusions, inappropriate thoughts, a warm touch.

─────────────────────────

[ solarvig ]

-Retrospection: 3 hours ago-

- Come on, Smeagol. We're almost there. - the man continued on his way to his quarters with his beautiful cat, the two looked like friends who were complete opposites. And maybe they were? Maybe he wasn't so strict, and the cat wasn't so wild, and yet they had a little bit of everything in them. - What would I do without you I don't know, I would be a very sad man. A lonely ma- Do you hear that? - Severus heard a woman's cry in the distance down the same corridor, maybe twenty paces away. He glanced at his four-legged friend before running down the hall as everyone dined in the Great Hall at this very moment. It wasn't so much crying as stifled sobs. Still, Snape knew he had to respond, but as he got closer the sounds stopped. He rested quietly, and the sobs began again, if he began to walk, they stopped again. Once he realized the woman didn't want to be seen, he stopped and leaned against the wall, giving way to the cat who was much quieter than him, believing it would work as a strategy. And it really worked. Smeagol appeared around the corner seeing a ginger-haired girl crying on the cold stone floor.

Z: Hey, kitty. Who are you? - she wiped her tears and took the cat in her arms, hugged it tightly, and pet it. - A kitty? No, you're not a kitty. You're an old cat. - she seemed to relax in the cat's company, and yet tears still streamed down her red cheeks. This was perhaps the strangest situation the potions master had ever found himself in, but his strategy was too good not to be marked as a success on his list. Metaphorically. He waited for a while and then adjusted his clothes, pretending that none of this was planned.

S: Smeagol! - Severus came around the corner only to see his cat and the girl he immediately recognized. The girl whose parents were long gone, the same girl from two days ago who "heaped" all her grief into his arms. Her tears had already dried and had long been almost invisible in her green as emerald eyes. - Ah, excuse him. He likes to run away from me. - she was only a girl, she didn't need any more grief, so he decided to be nicer in her presence and make her smile. You could see in her eyes that she had been crying for more than an hour, as if blood was flowing from her eyes, they were swollen and heavy with the bitterness in them.

Z: Oh my god, professor. This is your cat? Excuse me, here you go. - the girl immediately stood up and handed the cat to her teacher, looking somewhat ashamed and guilty at her feet for no reason.

S: Zoe, it's okay. Smeagol is just a cat. You didn't do anything wrong.

Z: Sorry... I'm used to it...

S: Used to. It? - Severus asked, raising his sometimes playful eyebrow in a questioning expression. What is she used to? The cat also looked somewhat surprised, deep in thought, not even understanding the conversation between the two. And the girl was just silent and didn't say anything, she even snorted slightly and then wiped her eyes. - Behind this door are my personal quarters, come in for a word?