🔸️05.09.1994 - Love in a Glassdome - Pt. 1 Wiser with Letters

Word count of chapter five: 538.1K
✒ part one: 9.1K
✒ part two: 8.2K
✒ part three: 4.5K
✒ part four: 6.3K
✒ part five: 5.0K
✒ part six: 8.4K
✒ part seven: 3.6K
✒ part eight: 10.9K
✒ part nine: 5.3K
✒ part ten: 3.2K
✒ part eleven: 6.3K
part twelve: 1.3K
✒ part thirteen: 466

About part one:

Warnings: regret, annoyance, talking to pets

Mentions: deep atmosphere description, quotes, strong lying season sensations, deep feelings, realization, animals, wanting, long waiting, connection, company, letters, tears, sentimental meaning, dreams catcher, conviction, hopes, uncertainty, codes, confusion, mentions of monsters, age, certainty

─────────────────────────

[ solarvig ]

"𝘿𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚?' '𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀,' 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙡 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙, 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙩𝙤𝙤."

- "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙩" 𝙋𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙝 (𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙡)

Who was Lysy? A woman he met about four days ago for the first time, at first ignoring her presence, then apologizing, being rude again, and then softening, realizing that being nice to her could give him a nice friendship with a colleague and someone with whom to spend his days there, and perhaps something more. She was a woman with long ginger hair, not too tall, a woman with beautiful blue eyes full of oceans... She was a woman with a nice wide smile when she laughed, was a woman with a sense of humor. She had fragile, tender hands and surely a fragile heart as well, and she had a strong spirit and mind. What beautiful eyes, what beautiful hands, what beautiful smile...

He remembered the evening with her so vaguely when he was drunk, even more so when asleep. However, his brain kept repeating this picture to him over and over again. It painted his living room in his sleeping mind and awakened that part of joy. The two red armchairs with the carpet under them, the carpet that had lost its colors way too long ago. The fireplace that warmed them, this nice fireplace with a picture above it. The wooden table where they had shared glasses of wine, photos, and a book. Did he regret giving her such a dear to him book? No. And did he regret sharing that peaceful evening with her, even though he had no idea that she wasn't interested? No.

But who was Lysy? - Such an easy answer... There was no Lysy. There was Lysanna. Lysy was just an image in his head who was his friend and wanted to talk with him and be close to each other. Lysy was an image he would've kissed, embraced and loved, but that evening, it wasn't Lysy who sat with him in his quarters, but Lysanna, who, as the liar Theodore had convinced him, wanted nothing from him. And Lysy was smiling at him, she laughed at his silly little comment, she was touching his hand...

So, who was Lysy? Was she real or just an image his brain liked to play with in his dream, which dream didn't exist because of the effects of alcohol on his body and mind. It was as if he was paralyzed or numb, but he wasn't.

His Lysy... How would it feel to kiss her? But she wasn't his, was she? It was just his imagination and that stupid dream on the first day of school that had fooled him into such hopes. And he knew those hopes just had to go away and that the only hopes he could have were for a potential friendship, but she didn't seem interested in an older man such as him. A man who was "scary", not looking handsome, a man everyone hated or loathed, a man who was rude to her from day One. Perhaps that flame of delusional hopes had already died out in him? Had it?