Love in a Glassdome - Pt. 5 The long-waited Death and the Killer

• इन्हें समर्पित: solarvig

About part five:

5.0K words

Warnings: killing, death, unforgivable curse, evil creature

Mentions: rejection, disappointment, emotional disgust, hurt, overthinking, a life-changing conversation, realization, appreciation, bet, inner talking, daydreaming, mentions of the beyond, prisoner, evil, rain

─────────────────────────

[ @solarvig ]

(?): Severus, no.

- What is it? What's wrong?

(?): Stop hugging me. - she was backing away from his warm arms and hands, from his warm body and gentle kisses as if disgusted by him.

- What's wrong? - he didn't object and released her from his arms as soon as he saw her disgust, something that deeply hurt his dignity, his feelings, and something more than him himself.

(?): Show me your hand, your arm. - he held out his hand to her, and she looked at him in disbelief as if judging him. - Don't act stupid. Roll up your sleeve.

- Why? - he lowered his hand and looked at her with some fear behind his eyes, which, however, wasn't visible from her view.

(?): Are you a death eater, Severus? - she asked. And this question... This question felt ruthless.- No. No, I'm no-

(?): Don't lie.

- I'm not.

(?): It so happened that I overheard your conversation with Mr. Malfoy. So I'll ask you one more time Severus, are you or are you not a death eater? - for a while,he looked at her like that, with eyes as empty as a pit, with a blank look that didn't speak but just exhaled its last breaths, as if he'd never love again, as if the woman he was falling in love with and was crazy about, would let him sink in dashed hopes. - Oh, no. Not that look. - then a minute passed, and he reached out his arms again, trying to hug her, but the woman pushed him away. - No, Severus. Don't touch me! Don't touch me with those hands. I don't want, leave me.

- Let me expl-.... Lysanna!

L: No. I don't want to talk to you, Professor Snape. Leave me alone. - the pretty woman started walking, disappointed towards the door to leave the potions master's quarters.

- No! Not Professor Snape, I'm Severus! - hearing that kind of professional address from her hurt more than that throat-tearing question from minutes ago.

L: Professor, I would appreciate it if you don't look for me and don't invite me to your quarters anymore. - her hand gripped the handle abruptly and was fisting it tightly in fear, regret, disappointment, sadness, and... love?

- Is that what you want? - his voice dropped to its deepest and thickest note, as if there was malice in it, when it actually was just hard-to-swallow pain and tears, but he was a man... He had to twist his pain and remain strong.

L: ... - hearing his voice for the first time so scary, intimidating and deep she somehow got even more scared, now that she knew he was a death eater and she was holding the doorknob as if her life depended on it, drops of sweat started to feel on her palm like tears. And so from tears into lakes, from lakes into rivers, from rivers into seas, and from seas into... Into oceans... - Yes.- If that's what you want, Professor McGonagall, then please. - his eyes were empty, his voice was empty, his expressions were empty... The ginger-haired woman even thought that he didn't take any responsibility in this conversation, as if it didn't matter to him if she was hurt or if they would never again talk to each other. Then he slowly began to roll his sleeve up, for the first time showing his bare skin to this woman, not just his hands, neck, and face. Little by little, something black was starting to show on his strong arm, and when he got to the end, his tattoo was more than obvious. More than visible and more than understandable... - Go. You think I'm going to hurt you? Then leave if that's what you want, if that's what you believe in, Professor McGonagall.

L: Fair enough, Professor Snape. You proved everything. - with that, she opened the door and stepped out, the door itself with his magic from his wand slamming behind her and in front of him. He was angry, but not at her, at himself. He couldn't explain it to her, and even if he could, she wouldn't believe it. She didn't want to be touched by those hands anymore. She was already afraid of those hands, and the words between them grew too evil...

~

Just minutes after his "I'd like to try what you prepared," he was back comfortably sat on the couch with a glass of wine in hand. Too many things had been said between them, too many emotions had been shared in the last few minutes that he himself didn't know what he wanted, but that thought...

The thought of "What if she finds out?" it was leading him down roads, roads he'd never walked on, and never wanted to walk on. But he knew something like this would be figured out sooner or later, he just didn't want it to happen like it did in his mind, and was Severus brazen enough to look into her thoughts right now when he was at his most confused? Would he do such a thing because of his own guilt. He didn't want to lose Lysy, knowing that he was a huge danger to her and the others around him. Just as William Sedemann was dangerous to Elie, but how little did love need? A grain of honesty or an eternity of guilt?

He stopped his gaze for a moment and smiled warmly when he saw how she'd taken care of tonight with a bread basket, a bowl of blueberries, a plate with cheese, grapes and jar of honey. She has remembered the fact about him that he likes grapes... Nothing else could warm his heart like a person who remembers small details not so much about his interests, but rather about his taste.

- Grapes. You remembered... - he whispered quietly to himself, thinking it hadn't reached her ears.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦?" - The question wasn't what he was doing to her. The question was what SHE was doing to him. Because she was definitely doing something to him. Was enchanting his mind, attracting his body? What was this woman doing to him? That he was constantly thinking about her, wanting her company, wanting to hear her voice, look at her oceans.

'𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘓𝘺𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢?' he'd fixed his "pit-dark" eyes on her, and as innocent as he wanted them to look, they grew from tainted to tainted. His eyes felt heavy on her because they wanted her, his eyes wanted all of her. And actually, the absurdity was that there wasn't a drop of lust flowing there. Everything was focused on purity and innocence, and yet never before had his eyes been more wrong, rougher and harder to bear...

'𝘽𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚'𝙨' to hell with his thoughts, if he didn't stop his raging mind now, he'd kiss her and ruin everything. He wouldn't want that, though even if lust was really flowing in his eyes and veins, he wouldn't give up on his intention to have this woman as more than just a physical "presence". This woman was more than a diamond to him, and a diamond was to be cherished, not enjoyed.

Although Severus was a conflicted lover, he'd always been a good lover, and he'd always treated each of his partners with great care. It was a pity, alas, that until now, he had no more than two real romantic and intimate partners with whom he shared all the sensuality he had in himself. And in fact, everything about his love was sensual, even his kisses and his hugs, like the one he gave her moments ago. And where are they now? And where are they now?...

-

R: I'm a little bit late.

A: Don't worry, I was waiting for you. - the wizard uttered quietly and invited her to sit, to which she respected and took the seat.

R: But do you have what I need? - but he just smiled and cleared his throat.

A: Wine, water or tea? - and she understood.

R: Wine, thank you. - was all she said before looking around her surroundings. Her hair was neatly pinned back with bobby pins, her make-up was done to the last detail: smoky eyeliner and white pencil under her eyes to make them look a little bigger, her lips wore a nice skin color. Not red, skin color.

A: How's your husband doing?

R: Oh. Gazini. Oh well, you know him.

A: You seem in a hurry.

R: Albus... - her voice tried to betray her, but she regained control like a true woman. - Do you have what I need?

A: This is one of your best essence wines. - he placed a glass of wine before her and sat down in his chair. His office looked empty, silent, sad, and somehow seeped in ugly conversations between him and Severus...

R: Fifteen years... Fifteen years, Albus.

A: You don't seem to ever forget about him.

R: How could I? - she looked at the glass with wet eyes, eyes whose honey had darkened to a certain visible caramel-cinnamon brown with hints of a pleasant amber color. Or, in other words, the sweetness in her eyes had turned bitter. Maybe that's why her tongue craved sweet things right now. - Albus, I did something terrible... - she didn't raise up her gaze but raised the glass to her lips with one hand and drank all the poison inside in one alarmingly long gulp. - I spoke to the Malfoys. And of course, I was right because I know that what I see is far beyond your notions of magical power, and you know it, yet you don't seek my help... I agreed. They were there, the death eaters. Well, not all of them. And I pledged my allegiance.

A: What did you do? - she held out her arm, her short sleeve in aid of what was to be seen there on that pale skin of hers. A tattoo of a black snake and skull. Slithering there.

R: I had to. Why him? When you know I'm the one you need?

A: Why?

R: I had to, Albus... Why him, Albus? He's not ready for this, I know. I know him, and I know how far his knowledge extends, and it is more than his abilities. But there's the difference. I know more than him and have more magical abilities than him, and yet you burden him with this... This... Task!

A: You understand why he does it, and now you do the same for him. But you'll end up dead in the end. - his eyes never left her arm. Oh, how could everything go so wrong with the plan, and at the same time, Severus was unaware and just drinking wine with his favorite woman in her quarters?

R: Is that what you're telling me? That his death is certain? - and she wasn't a stupid woman. Even a sentence was enough for her to understand what was going on. However, that and she herself were a hindrance to Dumbledore.

A: Yes. Yes, that's what I'm telling you. But it won't be now, I know when. He doesn't know. But now that you take his place for him, yours will be certain as well. - her eyes darkened even more. Worst of all was being able to realize so quickly...

R: So... - she pulled her hand back, a salty tear slowly falling from her eye sockets, sliding down her entire cheek... - You've been manipulating him all along and still do...

A: ...

R: What have you promised him?

A: To protect Lily...

R: She's dead, Albus! - her tear-filled eyes finally looked at him. Every time this woman was deeply upset, she looked menacing, intimidating, and cruel.

A: I KNOW!... I know... - the pupils in her orbs widened, expanded less with fear than with disappointment when he yelled at her.

R: He has been doing this for Lily and is still doing it for her and her son, but you're just manipulating him for your own aims. Promising him something you can't give. A liar... You are a liar. And you know, I'm willing to do the same for him, I'm willing to be the Severus to his Lily, and if he is Lily, I'm ready to face my certain death, but I don't want him to die before me.

A: Have you lost your mind?! You have children and a husband. Reputation! Knowledge and business, you are one of the most successful, smart, and brilliant witches of all magical times, having the full ability to read the time, you master everything with ease. And what does Severus have besides knowledge?

R: M..me?

A: You easily fooled woman! He doesn't love you!

R: I know! But I love him.

A: You're going to die, you fool!

R: Let it be then! - he got completely angered, and to say nothing more, he just took a sheet out of a drawer and slammed it down on the desk in front of the crying woman, startling her.

A: What you needed. - she looked at the paper, losing her eyes in the days and the hours. His schedule seemed awfully busy, and she could only talk to him at night. But was she ready to see him? She wasn't yet, but she had to prepare because she didn't want this to happen at one of the death eaters' meetings.

R: ... - and in fact, the woman remained silent for a long time, slowly regaining control over the water in her eyes. She realized that not the Dark Lord, but Albus Dumbledore was the real villain and anyone who was a threat to Severus was also a victim of the mind of a good and skilled witch who with all her knowledge and abilities could enslave this entire wizarding world, but when her heart was fragile for one man, that would only be possible if she was made to taste her anger by the possibility of taking Severus away from her. - I won't tell him a word about this. But. Be careful... - she stood up taking the schedule and heading out of his office not wanting to spend another minute in front of his eyes, the eyes that lied to him and to her and to the entire wizarding world and no one even suspected. It was just her, and her word was nothing compared to Dumbledore's, so even if she opened her mouth about what she found out, no one would believe her, not even Severus himself. All she could do for now was follow the situation and take part in it.

-

She was sitting far enough away from him, far enough that he and his hands couldn't reach her and her body. And it was better that way, he shouldn't linger there. And soon, he'd even have to leave for his quarters. But where were they now? They were where it was expected from him to say something, but he was just enjoying the wine and the grapes, her and how his eyes never stopped hunting her features.

Her hair was so beautiful, so long, and so carefully combed, but he knew it (she) could be wild in his hands, he could have it (her) wild. Her eyes, on the other hand, were a dangerous combination of things far deeper than the oceans that were living there, they were all good and all bad to him, for he was getting more and more drunk with each stolen look at them than with the wine in his glass.

The glass he was holding so casually by the bottom of the bowl itself as he was leaned back on the couch, with legs ever so slightly spread for his own comfort. And he never stopped looking at her, his eyes felt heavier and heavier on her skin, especially her lips. But Severus knew she was aware of where his eyes were looking, but there also was something else she had to be aware of - she shouldn't have told him how she felt around him, for him, because that only set him and his body and mind even on fire even more than before. And this fire was dangerous, more dangerous than he was to her. And damn he was dangerous to her. If the death eaters found out about her, they'd find her and then... Probably torture her like they liked to do for fun?

- You know... - he finished the wine in his glass and set it down on the table, then swallowed the air in his mouth hard. His eyes never left her, it felt too suffocating for both him and her. - I've been thinking... - the potions master lightly patted his clothes but didn't stand up. He left the bunch of grapes he'd been holding on the plate and took a single blueberry instead. - Perhaps... What if we make a bet? If my Slytherins win tomorrow, then you'll have to have dinner with me again, but if they lose... If they lose, I will fulfill one wish of yours? Do you like it this way?

~

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘵𝘰𝘰. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧. "𝘈𝘮 𝘐 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐'𝘮 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦?" 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘭𝘺? 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘶𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘓𝘺𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘓𝘺𝘴𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭. 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳? 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘢𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦. 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘓𝘺𝘴𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘸?"

- ... - the man pondered this question posed to him by his own mind. Oh, what would he do with her? He didn't know. There were only so many things he could do with a woman... But this one. What would he do with this one? - Love. - his voice betrayed him because he knew that's exactly what he'd do to her if she was there, but she wasn't there and it would be nice to not just make love with her, but to talk with her, to have those looks and feelings, emotions, waves of cold and warmth... But she was gone... Lysy was gone...

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?"

- Everything.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

- I know. She has the right. Instead of pulling her and hugging her, explaining everything to her, I let her think what she's thinking. Do you know why? Because it's better for her and she'll be safe. As long as she's away from me, she'll be fine, but the two of us as the whole we've created won't be fine. I'm addicted to her, and I don't even need her touch to get high. She has me differently, but I'm dangerous. If you have no more questions, leave me to sleep peacefully.

𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘶𝘴, 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴...

~

(?): Oh, where could he be? - she walked very slowly around while covering her eyes with her warm palms and trying not to trip. The woman had already memorized his quarters quite well and could draw a clear picture in her mind. She knew where the fireplace was, where the armchairs and the kitchen were. She knew where the windows were, his desk and cabinets... The only thing she couldn't draw was his bedroom because she'd never seen it, not even in a picture.

- Oh, I don't know, where am I? - he said from some corner, but she couldn't tell which way to turn. Was he behind her or in front of her, or was he further away?

(?): Where could Severus Snape be? In front of me? - she turned to the left with a childlike smile rising on her face. - Or behind?! - she turned once more, he walked up to her, and as she started to spin in a circle, he caught her lovingly in his arms and hugged her tightly in fear of her falling.

- Lysy...

L: Ahh, ha-ha. - she was laughing like a kid at his loss in this game and uncovered her eyes only to meet his dark glowing ones. - You lost. - she said cheekily.

- Did I? - he picked her up and carried her to one of the armchairs, as carefully as if she were a vulnerable bird. - Wasn't the condition of the game to find me? You don't seem to be playing by the rules. - he sat her down on it and looked down at her, supposedly intimidating, with his teachery look. - Should I take points from you or make you think of a new game where we'll play fair? - he smiled and leaned down, his face on a level with hers. - Or should I just kiss you and stop playing, accepting you as a loser?

L: A new game. And no, you may not kiss me until I win. - she stared at his irresistible lips, knowing she wanted them on hers, but he was playing, so she'd play along.

- Bet. - he uttered and smiled, but before pulling away he still so cheekily stole a kiss.

L: Hey! You don't play by the rules!

- Are you accusing me of foul play?

L: Yes. - she pouted playfully.

- ... - he slowly looked around to both sides and then whispered softly. - Want to know a secret, Miss McGonagall? - a nod from her side followed. - I always play foul...

L: Hey, you cheater! - she laughed at how goofy he was, an innocent laugh from him followed as well, when she hugged him, almost pulling his whole body into a passionate kiss.

~

Was he daydreaming about her and him being together? That was very possible, but time was flying fast, and he knew he had no more than twenty minutes left there, as he had to feed Smeagol very soon and then take a break from the busy day. He'd even forgotten about his letter, perhaps that's why he wasn't thinking about it at all. And maybe that was also for the best. His letter was a lie, a trick from his own mind when he knew he wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of seeing her eyes or being close to her, seeing her hair, her lips curling into smiles for him.

For him... He'd forgotten the feeling of being wanted, of being loved, somehow the true feeling of purity. With Lysanna, time didn't feel like an eternity in despair. With her time didn't exist, it wasn't a "possibility."

It was something 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱. Something 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱... He sometimes needed to break away from this world more than he already had, he'd become cold and wouldn't let anyone reach him, reach the nerves that connected in him to make him a real person, capable to feel. And he was feeling, he was feeling a lot, but he didn't like to show it. Sometimes Severus needed attention, as crazy as that sounded for a man his age, even though he wasn't old. 30 wasn't old age, but it felt like it to him because he'd lost more than he ever wanted to lose. And he couldn't afford to lose her now, his only sun every morning and the only moon that guarded him during sleep. But she wasn't just the Sun or the Moon. She was something more. She was something 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱. Lysy was everything, and his mind seemed to have already accepted the fact that Severus wanted this woman more than anything he'd ever wanted. But would this 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱 allow him to have her?...

All these thoughts of what could happen if she found out were part of "𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱." In which it seemed that the 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱 would never allow Severus to be truly happy and satisfied with life, so why not enjoy it as much as he could while he had it? Every moment was for him to enjoy, so just the fact that he was with her right now was more than enough for him. She wasn't safe with him, but as long as he was with her, she would be safe. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her, and the only danger to her was if she found out about him.

What he was doing for Lily and Harry had nothing to do with her as it was a different kind of love. Lysanna was the kind of love he'd never felt or experienced before, the kind of pure yet intimately dirty love that would mark his life till the end and forever. And even after that. (Becase death isn't the end, not at all...) And in fact, his suggestion about the bet was the last thing he'd said minutes ago. Since then, he hadn't said anything, but simply was eating honey with blueberries, grapes, and some bread along with her.

Yes, sometimes silence was beautiful, and right now, it was most beautiful. Oh well... Silence took second place in beauty right now, as Lysanna was first and for Severus there was no other woman more beautiful than his Lysy. Strange how a cold man could be so easily "broken" by a woman he barely knew. But! There is one "but" - Severus wasn't an easy man and didn't show how weak he was for her. And he was weak for Lysanna. Oh, she definitely had him weak... But that was the interesting part. The battle of their personalities.

"[𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝔣𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑖𝑡𝔥𝑒𝑟, 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑎𝑑𝑙𝑦... 𝔣𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝔣]"*

-

Cold has no eyes, no ears. Cold is simply the breath of death and sadness and a friend to many dark creatures. Evil was coming, perhaps not as slowly as Severus imagined. And the castle, alas, had no idea what was happening...

(?): His kingdom will soon be established. - said the old man through thick phlegm as he looked intently at the walls of the locked at this time of the day castle. Some of the large windows were glowing with light, while others were so dark as to await evil with open arms. The main gate was firmly locked with padlocks, it seemed the school was guarded more carefully when Harry was there and when they had such a massive breakout from Azkaban, or in other words where this man had come from. Yes, he was a prisoner whose wand was gone and he was helpless without it, and in Hogsmeade, alas, everyone knew him, and he would've been quickly caught if he went to buy one.

But he didn't have the brains for it anymore. He was just a body and an insane mind. He was insane, but his madness helped him reach the castle yard without breaking the padlocks. Now he just stared at the vast walls, his bare feet sinking into the wet grass, his hair soaking up Mother Nature's tears. He hadn't felt life for a long time, and now life for him was barely felt...

- I don't want to, you don't listen to me! I don't want the Dementor's Kiss! They won't find me, why? - he collapsed on the ground and clutched his head, swaying himself and looking down at his toes as if he didn't know he had toes. However, he realized that the Dementors were probably after him, but it was a matter of evil in the case and whether it would save him or let him rot in painful death.

- I told you to shut up, they'll hear us or feel my presence! Shut up!... Oh, Lord Voldemort, save me...

The dark-haired woman walked slowly, reacquainting herself with these old walls that had once been her home when she was just a little girl. Coming here and having this conversation with Albus was a mistake, especially when the information on Severus' schedule was no help even though it was up to date. She missed the touch of those damp and cold walls of the old castle, she missed even the air here, she missed the memories most of all. But she was no longer the same after that conversation and after what she had to find out in such a painful way... What was evil, and did evil live in her? Didn't evil live in all of them, even in Severus? Because definitely evil lived in Albus, who was responsible for everything that was currently happening...

There was no water or cold flowing from the gargoyle's mouth, but something else was crawling on the stone's tongue. Something thin, wet, something green... Something like a weapon, something evil... And it slowly crawled down and down the wall, as if the gargoyle was spitting it out of its mouth to make its way to that guest, not just any guest, but "the madman." That's exactly what they called him, the mass murderer, the one who was sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban.

As the snake reached his figure, as if summoned by him himself and by his request for help, it slowly wrapped itself around his hand and turned into a beautiful magic wand.

- My Lord! Ahh... What a gift. - he exclaimed as he saw the power of evil flowing not only in his blood and in his veins, but also within the walls of Hogwarts Castle, and crawling around the world like a parasite to cause panic and chaos. - Ha... Ha, ha... - Roselyn heard laughter and speech in the distance, maybe even just around the corner. But she didn't stop walking, she just sharpened her hearing to be sure of what she was hearing. - Voldemort is coming! HE IS COMIN-...

R: Avada Kedavra. - she said quietly and calmly, pointing her wand at his back. The man's body dropped dead... The rain just picked up, and she left with the tainted thoughts of 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗴 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲.

𐌱𐍁𐍂𐍀 the witchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें