Do you believe in Love? - Pt. 2 Moly

About part two:

6.0K words

Warnings: drinking (getting drunk), burst out

Mentions: cooking, annoyance, sadness, confusion, uncertainty, inner talking, regret, manipulation, memories, redemption, deep thinking, realization

─────────────────────────

...

This stupid note was crumpled, "tearful" and sleeping in his pants pocket, but not forgotten. Lunch had come and gone quickly, and so had the hours and classes after it. The evening had already cast its heavy sad veil over the "boring, dull" for Severus at the moment Earth. How interesting was how just one woman was able to change the way you see the world today and tomorrow, and how exactly that happened to him. While everyone was having dinner in the Great Hall, he was still in the classroom and had no intention of going anywhere. He didn't want to see her, or Theodore, or anyone else...

The man washed his hands and took out fresh, nice bread from a box in one of his cabinets, butter, blueberries, and honey. From another cabinet not too far from this one, he pulled out a toaster and placed it on his desk, plugged it in and while he waited for it to heat up, he carefully opened the bread. He didn't think about anything anymore, his consciousness and mind were empty, blank... Just like yesterday when he was taking a shower and was half-drunk. He hadn't spoken to anyone all day except when he was teaching the lessons and had to speak. And in general, his days were almost always like that - boring, empty, monotonous. With no love, no joy, no beauty. Quiet days, harsh, cold days. With no intimacy, no meaning, no satisfaction. Days without days in them...

His right hand grabbed the knife as sharp as his mind and cut three slices of bread, two of them he put into the already heated toaster. While the slices were toasting, he washed the blueberries precisely and put them in a wooden mortar, and with his made of stone pestle, he began to crush the little blue balls. It was interesting how his pestle was made of a different material than his mortar, but maybe that didn't matter at all. After about two minutes, the little sweet blue balls were no longer fruits, but jam. It didn't even look like jam so much as puree, but at least he tried and gave his best, he wasn't good at cooking, though he looked skilled. Having this delicious blueberry puree, he took out a bottle of wine from the cabinet where he kept his alcohol, for even in the classroom he kept alcohol, in case of days and nights when he needed to help himself a bit. He opened the almost empty bottle from yesterday - of course he'd kept it, poured no more than a teaspoonful into the puree and mixed. At the same moment, the slices were ready, and he caught them when the toaster pushed them out, placed them on the plate, and slipped the last third slice where the previous ones had come out.

He really didn't think about anything anymore, he just lost himself in his disappointment and sank into the only thing that had left: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿. She hadn't had breakfast, he had to make sure she had her breakfast even if it was after dinner. The man carefully placed cubes of butter on the slices, then once they melted, he spread his "homemade", if you could call it that, puree over them and finally poured honey on top. He did the same with the last slice of bread that came out of the toaster, then unplugged the "machine" and sat down on his chair. No, he wasn't going to give her the breakfast, it'd be stupid after a whole day of not seeing anyone, not trying to find her to see how she was, to now go and give her that. He wasn't selfish. And that... That would be a selfish thing to do. Moly - he told her. Would she even take one? Would it make her think of him at all?

...

Almost drunk and lost in himself, already convinced that there was no love and that he shouldn't hope for love or a new friend, he had his head leaned on his hand, looking at the "wastenothing". What a fool Severus was... And the food was slowly getting cold, with no one to eat it, the note in his perfectly-ironed pants, already crying in the wastebasket. It was somewhere around exactly five minutes after their dinner, and he never showed up. Just like it's always been. But someone seemed to be worried about him, and that someone was a friend of his. It was someone Severus looked up to, someone he trusted immensely...