21 - happy halloween

age: 3
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT'S POV
Today was halloween, it didn't exactly feel like halloween but we tried out best to make it feel like it was, we decorated the house like we have done for the past 3 years and had a bowl of candy sitting outside our door incase anyone came, obviously not wanting to answer it ourselves since, it's us and i don't need my address leaked over the internet.

Y/n was at pre school and i was just getting my last bit of work done, me and Colin would obviously be taking her out trick or treating tonight and i wanted her back in the house by 8pm, i know it's a little early but she's only 3 and i don't want a whiny child tomorrow.

Once it was time to pick up Y/n from school, i got in my car and headed to the building, i liked being early because i don't like the thought of being late and Y/n waiting for me thinking i wasn't going to arrive.

When Y/n's teacher sees me she points over and i wave my hand, Y/n giggles and runs toward me, with paper in one hand and her little bag in the other with her jacket on her head, she giggles the whole way to me and jumps into my arms, letting me lift her onto my hip.

"Hello my baby, how was your day" I ask my daughter as she wraps her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder, she's waving a picture in front of my face, i take a hold of it and see a pumpkin colored in purple.

"Beautiful baby, should we put it on the fridge?" I ask, Y/n nods her head and looks around as we cross the road, we have quite a few fridges so luckily we won't have to place any of Y/n's pictures in the bin yet for space.

"Trick or treat?" Y/n's little voice asks me, i smile and nod my head placing her into the car.

"We will baby when daddy is home and you're in your costume" I say kissing her head and shutting her door, when i get into the car she's blabbering onto herself about candy making me smile.

When we arrive home, Y/n is eager to get out the car, she's bouncing around and flapping her arms reaching for me, i laugh and take her out sitting her on my hip and locking the car.

"Costume mama?" Y/n asked me as i placed her down on the floor, i awkwardly stepped over her and made my way to the kitchen, smiling as i hear her pattering feet behind me following my steps.

"We'll put it on soon baby i promise" I say knowing that Y/n can get very impatient when she wants something, she lets out a little grunt and folds her arm as she sits on the floor, soon crawling off to a toy beside her.

Finally Colin comes back home, and after his little greeting to Y/n, i take her upstairs so i can change her into her halloween costume, which is a witch, it's classic but she did really like the idea of a big witches hat and a small broom.

"I'm a witch mama" Y/n squeals jumping up and down with her broom between her legs, i smile and nod my head tucking her hair behind her ears before placing her hat on her head, she lifts her head up, squinting as the hat is heavy on her head.

"You look gorgeous baby" I smile, she giggles and takes my hand, leading me out my room and downstairs where Colin is sat on his phone, waiting for us to leave the house and go trick or treating.

We end up leaving 5 minutes later with a very energetic toddler who is ready for some candy, we came out of our neighbourhood and went to a more exciting on, going round all the house.

"Mama look, lights!" Y/n says noticing a very well decorated house, i lead her over to the house, walking up to the door with her and lifting her up to ring the doorbell, the woman answers it with a gasp.

"Trick! Treat!" Y/n stumbles over her words slightly but the cuteness in her voice covered it up for her as she held her bucket out, the woman placed some candy in her bucket and complimented her outfit.

"That one mama" Y/n says pointing to another well decorated house, this time Colin takes her to the door as i stand at the end of the porch and take a few photos of my little witch, capturing one of her running to me with her bucket in the air.

More and more people started coming out to trick or treat and Y/n only got more and more excited, looking for all of the houses she could find.

As we are walking to our next house, i notice out the corner of my eye as a person sneaks behind a bush, coming out to us and other people around us, scaring us, me and Colin jump slightly as Y/n screams.

We keep walking but Y/n bursts out into tears, clearly not expecting to be scared, and mainly because she's tired, we've been out for 40 minutes already.

"Did that scare you?" I coo lifting my witch onto my hip, Y/n nods her head and cries, rubbing her eye as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"One more house then we can go home" I say rubbing her back and taking her to the last house, going to the door and holding my daughter whilst we knock as she didn't want to go down.

"No trick" Y/n mumbles and holds out her bucket, the man and woman at the door awe at her and hand her some candy, she thanks them politely, and tiredly, before leaning against my shoulder again.

Her eyes are closed by the time we get back, she isnt asleep but she's close to it, poor Colin was holding the broomstick and the bucket as Y/n's face was buried away in my neck.

I unlock the front door and let Colin in who places everything down in the island.

"I'll take her up, i'll be back down soon" I tell him pointing to the stairs, he nods and smiles as he sticks in a pizza for me and him as i carry Y/n upstairs.

I lay Y/n on the bed and start to undress her, she wakes up and starts whining and moving about but i hold her still and strip her down, i put a night diaper on her and then some fluffy pyjamas on her as she was quite cold when we were out.

"Lay down my love" I say gently pushing her shoulders as she sat up in bed, i sit next to her on her small bed and wrap my arm around her shoulder, she falls back asleep against me, her mouth pressed against my side as she breaths heavily beside me.

I carefully sneak out of her bed, placing her bunny next to her and pulling the duvet up to her chest making sure she was warm before leaving her room, i leave her door open as she will more than likely wake up during the night and come to mine and Colin's room, but for now i need to relax.

___

Happy Halloween 🧡🤍