Chapter 43- Connor and Sadie

It was 11:55 pm. My heart was racing. My breath quickened and got stuck in my throat. My palms were sweaty and I suspected I'd used too much aftershave. I'd been pacing for an hour inside my room and occasionally bouncing a tennis ball against the wall, not sure what to do with myself until 12:00.

My legs were shaved. I'd bathed, brushed and double brushed my teeth. My heart was racing like I didn't even know was possible. I'd been sitting on my bed doing absolutely nothing for the past hour. My bedside clock made a sound that made me jump as the second hand ticked over and suddenly I was staring at 12:00 am. It was time...

It was time. I climbed out of my window and started walking across the grass to Sadie's house. I had done it so many times before. Hundreds and hundreds of times over the past ten years, but everything about that walk felt different. It felt like the first time I'd ever walked over to her house, and I couldn't wait to see her...

I saw him. He was striding across the grass. I had seen him walking across the lawn so many times before. But tonight, it felt like I was seeing him for the first time. He looked so different, he looked better than I'd ever seen him. His head tilted up and...

Our eyes met. It felt like I was being transported to another place in space and time where only Sadie and I existed...

I had existed in a fantasy for so long with Connor. But tonight that fantasy was coming true and I was both excited, and petrified. I shivered as I opened the window for him...

I climbed over the threshold and I was in her room. She stood a few feet away and we both just stared at each other.

I felt frozen. My brain was racing as I looked at him, but my body felt like it couldn't move...

I moved closer to her...

He took a step forward and my heart leapt inside my rib cage. I gasped...

She took my breath away and I wanted to kiss her so badly. I wanted to kiss her and never stop...

I wanted this moment to last forever. It was perfect and better than anything I could have ever imagined. The way he was looking at me right now, it was a feeling I could so easily get lost in...

At that moment, I realized how lost I would have been without her. She was my anchor and when I was with her, everything felt better. Tonight, I wanted to make sure she understood that. I wanted Sadie to know just how much I loved her...

"Hello, Sadie." I smiled at her and a massive smile swept across her face.

"Hello Connor."

"Can I kiss you now?"

I'm not sure why I asked her that. Because the look on her face told me it was okay to do it. But I wanted to make sure that everything that happened tonight was what she wanted. This was about her and how amazing she was...

Everything about him amazed me right now. He stepped forward and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer...

I pulled her closer. As close as I could and...

He kissed me.

She kissed me back, and it was perfect...

Mckenzie had been right, this was the perfect time for this to happen. Because everything about this moment felt so right. And it was the perfect way to say goodbye.