Chapter 1: The Cameraman

"I'm finally in college after so many years of school..! Great." I said as I grabbed my belongings, my clothes for today, and my house keys. I saw my bird Niki chirp as I petted her head, she cooed as I went on my way. I was happy to finally move out and start college soon after being accepted, but a bit sad...

"Im going to miss you while I'm gone Niki... I'll come visit often though!" I went out from my room and was about to leave but suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Y/N, you better take care of yourself! I don't want you to be going to night parties and going to... to... ack whatever your generation does these days!"
"Mom don't worry I won't do any of that stuff..! Yet..."
"I heard that." My mother sighed as she kissed my forehead.
"Just take care of yourself, I don't want to see you hurt or anything bad happening to you..." I hugged my mother as I opened the door, before almost forgetting something.

"Oh! Take care of Niki while I'm gone please! A-And make sure to let her roam for a bit before bedtime!"
"I will Y/N, now go! Your going to miss the bus!" I sighed as I left, running to the bus stop and seeing some traffic happening, supposedly there was an outbreak of a chemical, however no one knows if it was harmful or not due to people being near it when it happened. As I walked near the bus stop, I saw one of those robots that have cameras as heads, I think they're for maintaining watch, maybe to stop some criminals too, which gained my curiosity...
"E-excuse me young lady..." I heard a voice near me, I turned around and saw a woman, maybe older than me, they seemed a bit lost, but rather calm.

"Uhm... Yeah?"
"Do you know where there is a nearby cafe?"
"Uhm.. Do you want the best one in my opinion or one nearby?"
"One nearby please."
"I think there should be one over there, if you want you can ask one of them." I said as I pointed to the robot with a camera as a head
"Crap I have to go-"
"Sorry for wasting your time dear, but thank you."
"No it's alright Miss, hope you enjoy your day." I said as I walked away towards the bus, a line has already formed as I waited patiently, before sensing something was off... I ignored it though, usually since nothing bad happens.

I relaxed in the bus, putting my headphones on as I plugged them in a cassette I had, listening to 'Pearl Jam' top songs as I waited. It was going to be a long ride, I heard a kid or two whining, saw some people reading newspapers, elderly people chatting, and two robots with cameras, which made me rather concerned since they're not known for going by together, but I ignored it since I thought they were maybe going to another area they were called at. But I felt one of them watching me...

—Time Skip about 36 minutes later—

It was a long ride, before my stop came, I was surprised to see some people board off, they were probably going the same place I was since they also did have some notebooks and bags on them. I walked out of the bus, and stood there for a moment, embracing the fresh air of my future as I opened my eyes and saw the college, it was huge. Very huge... there was a lot of buildings surrounding it, some were dorms, and some were general areas like gyms or cafeterias. I walked towards the entrance, before eavesdropping on a conversation...

"Did you hear what happened last night..?"
"Yeah.. I did actually..."
"You think it's fake..?"
"I mean toilets with heads murdering people and making them the same..? Seriously..? Sounds made up to me..."
"But they got the government involved though..."
"Fair point..."
"Well let's just grab our papers and id..." I realized I was running late as I went inside, god dammit me... You got yourself distracted by eavesdropping... not a good habit about yourself...

"Hello young lady! Please give me your name, your date of birth, and some confirmation for your identity!" The person up front said as I went next in line.

"Oh uhm yes of course. Y/N, Y/N L/N. July 17, 75." I took out my ID card as I handed it to the person, before scanning it and then handing it back to me, giving me what appeared to be my schedule, my information, and dorm number with the keys needed.