Chapter 9: Fallen Titan

"Welcome again Miss Y/N..."
A voice said... I recognized that voice, a voice I haven't heard in almost two weeks... I was once again in the room I always see him in, I looked up as I saw him in his usual spot, drinking tea and reading a book.

"Mr. New? You're here? OH MY GOD I MISSED YOU-"

"Yes, yes, of course. And as you know what I am a service of correct?"

"Yeah... You usually are a bad sign of the future- I mean, you know not in a bad way!"

"Don't worry, no offense taken, I know what you meant." Mr. New said as he set the book down.

"So be aware of my warning. Do not go at the top of any building tomorrow. Understood?"

"Huh, why though? Well I mean sure since I could fall but why?"

"If I tell more it will make you want to go to the top of any building, but to put things short... ㄚㄖㄩ'ㄥㄥ 丨乇. Is that clear?" He said as he fixed his dark red tie, before clearing his throat and drinking tea.

"Oh.. Anything else I should know?" I asked.

"Actually yes, thank you for reminding me dear. The Titan Cameraman, you know him of course correct?"

"Huh... Uh yeah kinda, why?" I asked, I knew where this was going as it wasn't probably a good sign.

"The Titan you must avoid tomorrow UNTIL the next day. Otherwise... You'll meet another deadly fate."

"So I'll die if I go on top of any building AND if I go near the Titan tomorrow... Got it. But why the Titan? Will he malfunction and kill me or-"

"Like I said I cannot say much.
But...

To answer that question... No. No he will not."

"Oh... Good." I said. There was a moment of pause, before Mr. New looked towards me.

"Well?" He asked.

"Well what?"

"There's also something bothering you that you wish to ask me for your knowledge. I can't blame you of course after you just discovered that note more than two weeks ago."

"Yeah... Are my parents... or at least my dad... Alive?" Mr. New stayed silent, before sitting up straight and then standing up, before walking towards me and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you wish to know..?" He asked as he leaned closer, looking right at my eyes as I saw that his irises were a somewhat golden brown color.

"I... I don't know honestly... Based on how you asked and looked at me..." I looked down looking to the left, before hearing Mr. New sigh.

"You can always of course ask another time, however this will shorten the time for you being here." He said, before taking his hand away off my shoulder and standing there.

"Y/N... There's something I should perhaps ask you..."

"Huh..? What is it?"

"That LanternMan... Have you seen him before perhaps in your dreams or anywhere, at least a figurine? Before I have shown myself?"

"What do you mean?"