Chapter 7: Bird Up

It felt like I was hallucinating... But why was I not with Mr. New this time? This is one of the first times I have not seen him in a row, maybe he is busy? The world was dark, all I could see was a faint white glow.

"Oh dear- My apologies for not bringing the room." His voice finally said as everything turned back to what I see.

"Oh- Hi again."

"I wasn't expecting you to come again today but yet here we are, you of course have nothing to ask so I might as well let you stay."

"But why am I here if I have nothing to ask?"

"You just asked, but to answer that, sometimes your conscious mind will take control every once in a while, but you were about to sleep so I suppose your consciousness just came. You were going to dream about today's events possibly, if not something different like a dream land or do shifting or whatever you mortals call it, so I'll leave you to it."

"Wait what's shifting-"

Everything went suddenly colorful-
ᴾʳᵉᵗᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐᶦ ᵒʳ ᶦᵈᵏ
———————————————————————————

I woke up hearing an alarm go off, feeling a bit tired. I look on the table lamp as I saw the alarm clock say it was seven in the morning.

"It's seven in the morning... Wait... Oh yeah I don't have college or work..." I went back to sleep, before opening my eyes really wide.

"Wait I'm not in my dorm either... I'm in some base..." I sat up straight, before jumping out of bed.

"Well... I could stay... But I could leave and explore... Augh... but then I might get stared at by people... actually no... not people... robots... mmm... What if I try to go into small areas where there isn't many..? Wait... I could maybe... go to the gym... thing...?"

I got up, and grabbed new clothes, that being my f/c hoodie, yoga pants, white Nike shoes, and a hair tie. I went into the bathroom before seeing the good ol' shower.

"Ah yes, perfect."

As soon as I saw the shower, I took off my clothes and took a nice long hot bath, scrubbing my hair with soap and rinsing it all off with water.

It took about ten minutes, I got out of the shower and dried myself with a towel near me as I used the other towel for my hair. I put the clothing I chose on as I took the towel from my hair to help dry it more, before finally grabbing some of my stuff, that being my flip phone, the keycard, and pocket knife.

I went to the door, before looking back and then finally leaving as I peaked out. Nothing but the hallway of the Alliance base, not even a single Cameraman to be seen as I walked out casually.

"Hello..? Echo echo- No echo." I mumbled as I turned right. Before stopping on the way.

"Wait... How will I find the Fitness... uh... Gym thing room..?" I suddenly felt a presence behind me as I turned around quickly, getting jumpscared.

"AHHHHH- Huh... Oh, a C-Cameraman..?" I slightly stuttered as I was still a bit jumpy. The Cameraman had a brown suit, simple blue shirt, black pants, black shoes, a light camera, and a stripped tie, being yellow and purple.

The Cameraman would wave hello in a friendly gesture, before pointing to me and shrugging.

"Oh, my name?" I asked, the Cameraman nodded.