Part 5

I spend four days pacing around the room waiting for the witch to arrive. I've blacked out three times, and each time when I wake I can't remember what happened until Greyson comes to tell me. He tells me that my eyes go completely black, that I scream and smash my fists into the walls. He tells me that I threaten the guards, telling them the ways I plan on killing them.

It's on the fourth day of being trapped in here does Greyson enter the room with a woman in tow. She's beautiful, caramel colored skin and rich brown hair that cascades down her back. Her eyes are the lightest shade of blue that've I've ever seen on a person. She wears a small smile, outstretching her hand for me to shake. "I'm Talia." A beautiful name for a beautiful woman.

Greyson brushes my shoulder with his fingers before he takes a step to the side, allowing Talia to come closer. She takes a deep breath, her eyes closing for a second. "I can sense a very strong wolf inside of you." Greyson beams with pride at her words, a small smile appearing on her face. Sniffing the air, a small frown appears on her face. "I also sense a dark presence inside of you, as if there is someone else in your body with you."

"The other witch?" Greyson is staring at Talia intensely as if she holds all of the answers.

She closes her eyes, her breathing slowing. "Yes, another witch." When her eyes open again they are pitch black, a storm whirling inside. "We need to get her out of you before she consumes all of you, until there is nothing left of you, only her."

Coming to stand beside me, Greyson can't help the growls that come pouring out of his chest. "How do we get her out?" He's stroking my hand now, trying to calm himself down.

"I think I know how to get her out but you won't like it Alpha Greyson." She takes a deep breath, her blue eyes turning slightly darker. "Ava is going to be in a lot of pain as I am going to have to forcefully remove the witch. You might want to leave before I start."

"I can handle it." Greyson turns so he's facing me. "I'm not going to leave you." This is his promise to me, he won't leave me.

Greyson lays me down gently on the bed as Talia begins to sprinkle some type of powder around me. I can't look away from his eyes as I hold his hand tighter. Talia begins to chant and it isn't long before I feel the power of her words strumming throughout my body.

At first it's almost a dull ache and then it turns into an extremely painful throb. I can't help the screams that escape my throat unable to hold in the pain I'm feeling. I can briefly hear Greyson calling my name but it sounds as if he's planets away from me, only a background noise instead of right next to me. My vision is gone, and it feels as if something is being tore from me, almost as if my soul is splitting. I scream and I scream until my throat is raw, until there is nothing left, until I'm floating in a black abyss.

GREYSONS POV

Holding Avas' hand tightly to my chest, Talia begins to chant. Locked eyes that refuse to look away from another, I see the exact moment the pain hits. At first her face is only scrunched up but it isn't long before her mouth opens and screams begin to fill the room. I feel helpless as I call her name, begging her to look at me, begging the moon goddess to let me share some of her pain. How can such a beautiful small creature be made to go through so much pain?

Talia begins to chant louder, storms thundering in her eyes as they turn almost black. "The witch is trying to take the wolf with her, I won't let her take her."

Ava drops my hand and I watch helplessly as claws begin to grow out of her fingernails, fur replacing skin. It's a constant battle watching and hearing the bones break only to go back into place, to turn back into shifted parts only moments later. The wolf wants out but for some reason she can not fully break through the cocoon of skin.

Ava is still screaming and I'm whispering soft words to her, hoping to provide any comfort that I can. The air feels very light suddenly and it's almost if something else is in this room with the three of us, something evil. Talia is almost screaming the words out now, and I notice a slight trickle of blood at the corner of her eyes.

It's moments later does Ava stop moving and Talia stops chanting, both of them becoming completely still. Talia wipes the blood from her eyes, walking over so she's standing above Ava, looking down at her. She touches my mates head gently, rubbing some type of powder over it. When Talia turns to me, her eyes are pitch black, nothing can be seen within them. "It is done, Alpha."