Part 11

I'm nervous as I make my way to the fields the children were once playing in, Alex by my side. I'm wearing a floor length black dress and had my makeup done by a pack member, Riley's mother. Making our way onto the field there is a large stage, surrounded by many tables and grills. Each table has different dishes on it, homemade food from each pack member in celebration.

Greyson stands on the middle of the stage, his eyes finding mine immediately. Making my way over, Alex leaves me and Greyson helps me up the stairs. He positions so me so I'm standing beside him and we're facing the pack members that have gathered here today, there's hundreds of them. They'll all eyeing me and I notice Greyson's parents standing in the back corner, smiles on both of their faces.

"I have gathered you all here today to meet my mate, your Luna." The crowd cheers, happy smiles on all of their faces. "This is Ava, and you will all treat her with respect." The crowd can't stop cheering for their Alpha, happy that he found his mate, their Luna.

As we begin walking down the stage, the pack forms a line with the former Alpha and Luna being first. Greyson leads me to his father who's wearing a large smile, a few tears in his eyes. He embraces me, rubbing his cheek against mine. This is how the hour is spent, going down the line and having each pack member rub their cheek against mine in greeting. Some pack members are even crying, their tears running down my cheeks when we touch.

After greeting the last of the pack, the children, Greyson leads me to a table, grabbing two plates in his hands. He serves me first, and his parents look on with knowing smiles. When we finally sit down, I'm unsure if I can finish everything on my plate. We wait for everyone to sit and when they do, they stare at Greyson and I.

"They're waiting for us to eat first." Greyson teaches me and I nod in understanding. Greyson waits for me to take the first bite before he takes his, the pack members following our movements. The night is full of laughter and pack members making their way over to me to introduce themselves again. I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed from the abundance of acceptance I feel from my pack members.

After eating, Greyson leads me onto the dance floor where there are a few couples dancing. They make room for us, allowing Greyson to pull me into the middle. He pulls me to him, leading our dance to the slow song that has just came on. I have my head on his chest, allowing him to control our movements.

The happiness continues to build in my chest as Greyson twirls me around the dance floor, the smile never leaving his face. I lean up and kiss him a few times, unable to help myself. After a long time of dancing, Greyson leads me back to the table and we take a seat.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice a young teenager sitting alone at one of the tables, his head down as he eats. Making my way over to him, I notice the pack members watching my every movement. The young boy looks up as I take a seat across from him and his eyes go wide, his draw dropping slightly. "I'm so sorry, Luna. I'll move." He stutters slightly, the anxiety clear on his face.

"Don't be silly." I place my hand on top of his as a form of comfort. His cheeks go red instantly and his eyes drop back down to the table. "What's your name?"

He looks up again, his face still scarlet red. "My name is Ryan, Luna." I hear someone snickering from a table over and I turn to look at the other boy. He stops snickering immediately, his eyes downcast.

"How would you like to come sit with me at my table?" This boy reminds me a lot like me, always alone and without anybody to confide in. This boy could use a friend.

His cheeks go a darker shade of red and he looks away again, unable to hold my eyes. "I wouldn't want to impose." He can barely speak, no confidence in his words at all.

"Come on." Leading him to my table, Greyson and his mother have wide smiles as they stare at me. I pull out a seat for the boy next to me and wait for him to sit before taking my seat. I had noticed that his plate had barely anything on it so I reach over to the tray of meat sitting on the table, passing it over to him.

"Are you sure, Luna? I'm an Omega so I usually get what's left of everything." The words are whispered out yet the shame screams. A growl tears out of my chest, surprising everyone at the table, making them all go silent. It's quiet for a few seconds before Greyson growls and they all begin talking again.

Grabbing a plate, I put a little bit of everything on it, before passing it back to Ryan. I hear his stomach growls and he laughs, embarrassed. In this moment, I feel slightly like a momma bear, protecting its cub. If anyone were to say anything bad about Ryan right now, I feel as if I would attack them.

It's late when the ceremony ends, each pack member coming up to me to say their goodbyes. Ryan had left a little while ago after thanking me for treating him with such kindness. After everyone leaves, Greyson and I walk hand in hand back to the house.

I plop down on the couch in the living room, stretching myself out. Greyson comes to sit next to me, pulling my feet onto his lap. "You did such a great job today."

The night is ended with Greyson and I cuddled on the couch, watching some movie. I begin to fall asleep, drifting in and out of consciousness when I hear Greyson whisper something that makes my heart stop. "I love you."