Part 22

I've been trapped in this dungeon for a little over a week now and each beating gets worse than the one before. My father comes in the morning with the silver whip, demanding information on Greyson, and telling me how I'll be future Alpha to this pack. My mother comes in the afternoon and heals the wounds inflicted by father only to use her magic to cause me great pain. The last time she came in she made me feel as if I was drowning, as if their was water in my lungs causing me to suffocate. I couldn't stop gasping for air, prying at my throat with my fingernails.

The last time my father was here, Gabe threw up at the sight he made. He then forced Gabe to watch as he whipped me and cut me with a silver blade. The first time my father used silver on me, Gabe explained that it causes great damage to wolves. The wounds should inflict scars yet my mother heals them only to teach me her lesson on pain.

At this moment I sit curled on the floor again waiting for my mother to show up. There are cuts and bruises all over my body, blood dripping from each wound. Gabe stares at me with pity and I can tell he wants to say something yet he keeps his mouth shut. When my mother makes her way into the room, he turns his head and stares at the wall.

She takes the key and unlocks my cell, pulling me out. Wish a swish of her hands, the wounds on my body heal and I'm able to stand up. "Come with us." Her voice is commanding and Gabe nods, following closely behind. I'm slightly worried as she drags me out of the room, glancing behind us occasionally to make sure Gabe is still following.

She takes us out of the building I was staying in and the first thing I notice is a stage in the middle of the field. There are hundreds of people standing around the stage and in the center of it sits a chair. Confusion whirls around my body as my mother drags us onto the stage. She then turns to Gabe. "Sit" He does as he's told, taking a seat in the chair.

My mother waves her hand and suddenly there's silver chairs keeping him to the chair. He gasps as the silver digs into his skin, turning it a nasty shade of red. My father walks onto the stage and stands beside my mother before turning to the crowd. "Gabe here is a traitor." He points at Gabe, a venomous look on his face. "He helped Ava send a message to Alpha Greyson." He then looks around the crowd looking everyone in the eye. "Let this be a lesson to anyone who tries to help Ava escape." He then turns to my mother and nods his head.

I look at my mother expecting her to hurt him but she's smirking at me. "Oh, my silly dear, I won't be the one hurting him." She then takes the cuffs off of me, bringing me closer to Gabe. "You are." I try to use my magic but nothing happens. Her smile widens as if she knows something I don't. "I'm controlling your magic as of right now." She drags me so I'm standing inches away from Gabe. I try to pull away but she swishes her hand and suddenly I have no control over my body. "Touch him."

"No!" I try to fight the magic but it's no use. I have no control over my own body as my hand reaches out, grabbing onto his shoulder. He looks at me with pleading eyes, begging me not to do it. "I'm sorry." The tears form in my eyes as I look at the man who helped me and was now paying for it.

I can only watch as my hands begin to glow a light violet color. I continue to try and fight the magic as my hands begin to become warm. Gabe's body begins to shake as my hands start to burn hotter. I know what she's forcing me to do. Gabe is going to feel as if his insides are on fire, but this time she will actually make it so they are on fire. My hands are burning hot now and Gabe's screams fill the air, he's in tremendous pain. His body is shaking as all of his organs catch fire, melting inside of him.

The crowd is silent as Gabe suddenly stops moving, his head rolling to the side. My tears are pouring onto his jeans as my hand goes back to its normal color, stopping the heat. It doesn't matter now, he's already dead. I still have no control over my body, my mother forces me to walk to the edge of the stage, facing the crowd. They stand stoic, watching me.

"This is what we do to traitors. Now before we end this little show, does anyone have anything they want to say or do?" She's practically begging for them to try something, she wants to make another example. Nobody says anything and she smiles sadistically at them. "You can all go now."

I can tell they're happy to leave as they all practically run away, not wanting to be near their fallen friend. She then turns to my father who watches her with a smile. "I want his head on a spike, put it on our borders to show other territories and our pack members what happens to traitors." My father nods his head before leaving, taking Gabe's body with him.

"You're sick." I spit the words out, glaring at her. I hate her and I hate my father. I am their child, how could they do this to me?

"You may think I'm sick now but one day you'll realize I did it for your own good." Her voice is soft now as she stares at me as if I'm a child who doesn't understand. "Now come on, we have work to do."