Part 21

The next day has my father coming into the dungeon, his eyes looking around until they land on me. "You were supposed to be the perfect child, I wanted you to become Alpha to this pack. But you were born a girl and even then I accepted you until she left me because she wanted you to become a witch." He spits the word out as if it disgusts him to say it. "I know she still wants you to become a witch but you're going to be the next Alpha, whether she likes it or not." He pauses. "The only problem is your mate. He's going to be coming here soon and I want information on him."

I stare into his eyes hoping he sees the hatred staring back at him. "I'll never tell you anything about Greyson, he's more of a man than you ever were." The malice is dripping from my voice, the hatred can not be contained.

"I have no problem beating it out of you." My father comes closer, a silver whip can now be seen in his hand. The guard grimaces as he takes a step back, head turning so he doesn't have to watch. "Open the cage."

The guard can not disobey an Alpha command so he unlocks the cage and gives access to my father. "How many pack members does he have?" I keep my mouth shut even though I fear what's to come. There is a loud cracking sound before the whip connects to my skin, sending searing hot pain throughout my body. Gasping is all I can do as I try to fight through the pain. "Answer me!" He screams, whipping me again.

This is how the next hour is spent, my father whipping me each time I refuse to answer him. My blood clings to the floor, becoming a puddle as I get more lashes. I refuse to give him any information on Greyson, I will not betray him.

It's only when my mother enters the dungeon does he stop whipping me. "Leave that poor girl alone now." He saunters up to her, giving her a kiss on the lips before leaving.

I'm curled up on the floor, teeth clenched together to keep the screams from escaping my mouth. There is blood everywhere as well as little pieces of my skin. My mother leans down next to the cage and locks it up again, sealing me inside. "Are you ready to accept your fate?"

"Never." The words are said through clenched teeth.

"Big mistake." Her hands begin to glow purple and I feel my back begin to heal, the injuries disappearing. My breath of relief soon turns into a scream of pain as my body soon begins to feel as if I'm burning from the inside out. I can't catch my breath as the fire consumes me, licking up my skin. "Have you had enough yet?" I can barely hear her over my pain.

I hold myself tightly, knees pressed into my chest. I'm screaming now, the pain is overwhelming as she turns up the heat with every minute that passes. How have I not died yet? I want to die yet I know I have to keep going for Greyson, I want to see him again. I want to hold him again, I want him to hold me.

It feels like forever before the fire slowly begins to subside, it becomes more of a dull ache. I uncurl my body and look at my mother who is standing over me, watching. "You have great will power I'll give you that, but I will break you." She seems to sure of herself. "We'll pick this up again in the morning."

I watch her leave and the hatred bubbles up inside of me. I glare at her back until the door shuts, wishing that I could set her on fire. When the door is finally shut I notice the guard staring at me in pity. He wants to help me but he can't.

He gets close to the cage, kneeling down beside me. "I'm sorry." His voice is quiet, as if someone might be listening. He reaches out a hand to touch me but thinks better of it and quickly pulls his hand away. "I'm Gabe by the way."

"Ava." I manage out through gritted teeth. I get myself up in a sitting position and stare at the guard who has a plate of food in his hand.

He's careful not to touch me as he passes the plate of food to me followed by a cup of water. "I'm not allowed to feed you but I can't stand seeing you like this. I hope that when Alpha Greyson comes for you that you allow my pack to join yours." His words are sincere but can I really trust him?

"If you help send a message to Greyson, I will have him pardon all of you." This is my promise to him, he could be free from the tyrants.

"I sent out a scout this morning to find your mate, it might take a few days for them to find each other. We've been moving further and further away from Greysons back since you escape a little over a month ago." He grabs the plate from me when I finish eating, shoving it into a dirty sink in the back of the room.

"Thank you." I'm grateful to him, truly. He doesn't have to help me, he could get severely punished for helping me. Yet he wants a new Alpha, he has seen what his two rulers could do and it's not pretty. I wonder just how many people are part of this pack and how many secretly hate their Alpha and Luna.

My mind wanders to the scout finding Greyson, how long will it take? I know they won't kill me, but I'm worried what they will do to Greyson if my mother has that much power. Greyson also knows some witches though but I wonder if they're powerful enough to beat my mother?

I drift off to sleep with the thought of seeing Greyson again.