Part 24

It must've been an hour of torture before my father came rushing into the room. "He's here." He breathes the words out, out of breath from running here.

Hope fills my chest but also sadness. Greyson is here to save me, but my mother is very powerful. Can he beat her? She has her magic and she also has an army, two very powerful weapons.

My mother smiles, unlocking my chains before she drags me out of the room. The two guards follow closely behind us, looking around for the danger. My father is on the other side of me, one hand on my arm to help my mother drag me.

It's not a far walk to where Greyson is and his eyes quickly find mine. He's seething mad, eyes dark as midnight. His pack stands behind him, Thalia to his left and another woman to his right. "Give her to me." He takes a threatening step towards us.

My mother laughs. "This is who you bought to beat me, pup?" Her body is shaking from her laughter. "Turn around or die today." Her grip tightens on my arm and she waves her hand. Suddenly Greyson and his pack are frozen in their spots, she now has control over their bodies.

The two women on Greyson's side look at the frozen pack of wolves before they quickly begin chanting. I feel a sense of hope for a moment until nothing happens. "It's not working." Thalia's eyes are wide, her magic isn't working. My mother has taken away their magic.

My mother hands me to my father before she begins her own chant. The two witches start to scream as they're bodies begin to float in the air. I watch, eyes wide, as their bodies begin to inflate as if they're balloons. My screams begin to match their own when they suddenly blow up, pieces of their bodies being flung everywhere. Greyson and his pack are covered in the witches blood and guts.

My fathers pack is behind us now, each wolf looking like they don't want to fight but they will because their Alpha commanded them to. Greyson's pack is still frozen to their spots, unable to do anything about the onslaught of wolves that are about to come at them. I'm screaming, begging my mother to stop this madness but she only smiles.

"Stop." I plead for Greyson and his packs lives, I plead for my mate.

My mother takes me from my father, dropping me to the ground. She then steps towards my father, an evil smile on her face. My father looks at her lovingly as she reaches her hand out, stroking his cheek. "Let me teach you one important thing my daughter." It's with quick movements that she takes a blade out of her pocket, slicing my fathers throat quickly. "Mates are useless." She spits the word out as she watches my father fall to the ground.

He's gasping for breath as his hand lifts to his throat, trying to stop the rush of blood that's pouring from it. His hand is outstretched towards my mother, disbelief on his face that she could betray him so easily. The wound is deadly and it isn't long before he stops moving, laying dead on the forest floor. His eyes are wide open, unseeing, staring at the woman who was supposed to be his mate. As I stare at my unmoving father I can't help the sadness that racks through my body. She holds no remorse on her face as she looks at her mates dead body. "Finally free of him."

The wolves from my fathers pack begin to run towards us, ready to tear their Luna apart. Large wolves are running at us now and I close my ears fearing what's to come. It's with another swish of her hand that the wolves from their pack all drop, lying dead on the forest floor. Not one of them moves, she killed them all. Looking at her, all I see is a wolf that needs to be put down. She's sick, not right in the head.

She doesn't even spare her fallen pack a glance before she turns back to mine. Greyson wont look away from my eyes, he knows what's about to happen. "All you have to do is go with me and I'll let them go." Her words hold a promise to them, she'll let them leave if I go with her.

I turn towards Greyson, his eyes are begging me not to do it. He's willing to die so that I don't have to suffer. "I love you." My voice is soft, I'm giving up. I can't let my mate die for me, I can't let his pack die for me. I need to go with her. I turn towards my mother then. "You'll let them go?" Do I trust her to let them go? She betrayed her mate in front of me, the other half of her soul. She stands as if she's done nothing wrong, as if she didn't slaughter her mate and her pack. I turn to glance at Greyson one more time, I want to ingrain his memory into my mind. I don't know what's going to happen or what the future holds for me. Will I ever see Greyson again?

"All you have to do is go with me."