Part 14

We're on our way back home when we run into Alex in the woods. He goes behind a tree and shifts, coming out with a pair of shorts on. "Alpha, there's another box." The wolf growls underneath me, not happy with the news.

Greyson runs us back home with Alex following closely behind. When we make it back to the house there's a pack member, Bryan, holding a box in his hands. It's a plain old box but we all know there's another surprise in there, maybe something that will send me into another memory. I get off of the wolf and wait for Greyson to return from in the house so we can open the box.

Growls are pouring from Greyson as he takes the box carefully in his hands, as if the contents are fragile. Opening it, he reveals a small worn down teddy bear. One arm is missing from the bear and it looks as if it's been beaten up. Walking so I'm standing beside Greyson I reach my hand out to touch it, familiarity washing over me. "Are you sure?" Greyson is hesitant to let me touch it.

Nodding my head, I grab the teddy bear and prepare myself for the next memory.

The little girl sits in the corner of a dark room clutching a teddy bear tightly to her chest. There's a man tied to a chair in the middle of the room, just barely alive. His breathing is shallow, raspy breaths pouring out of his bloodied throat. The little girl is crying, her hands a faint violet as she prepares herself for what's to come.

The door opens and the woman walks in, her eyes scanning the scene with a look of disappointment. She walks over to the child and snatches the teddy bear out of her hands. "Can't you do anything right?" Her voice is cold, uncaring for the girl who's supposed to be her child. The child begins to cry harder as the woman rips off the arm of the teddy bear.

"Please." The man is begging, unable to take the pain any longer. He's covered in cuts and bruises, a deep gash in his left arm. "Please just kill me." He no longer struggles, accepting his fate.

The woman grabs the child by the arm, forcing her to stand up. "You heard him, kill him." She pushes the child so she's standing in front of the man now.

"No." Her voice is quiet but still heard by the woman who slaps the child across the face.

"You'll do as your told!" The woman is yelling, angry that her child is disobeying her.

"No!" Eyes turn dark purple and suddenly the woman is flying across the room, smashing into the wall.

The woman is shocked as she stands up, a pounding in her head from the hit she just took. She sneers at her child before walking over to the man. "I guess I'll just have to do it myself."

I'm thrown out of the memory violently, struggling to catch my breath. Greyson is rubbing my back, whispering soothing words as an attempt to calm me down. He brings me into the house, laying me gently on the couch as I begin to rub my head.

Deciding to tell Greyson about the last two memories, he sits beside me and listens, offering his input at times. He looks slightly angry that I would keep this from me and I understand why. I should've told him about the last memory, I should've let him help me.

Greyson pulls me in for a quick hug after I finish. "I understand why you were hesitant to tell me, but know I will never judge you. We are mates and we shouldn't keep things like this from each other."

"I'm sorry." My apologies are all I can offer in this moment. Looking at the plant that still sits on the table, I suddenly get an idea. "I want to try something."

Taking the plant in my hands, I close my eyes and try to imagine it withering. When I open my eyes, the plant is exactly how it was and I sigh in frustration. Closing my eyes again, I take a deep breath and paint the picture in my mind.

I hear Greyson gasp and I open my eyes to see the plant not completely withered, but almost there. My hands glow a light violet, the same color as the plant. Looking down at my hands, I'm shocked and slightly horrified.

"So it's true, you're half witch and half wolf." Greyson still can't believe his eyes, still looking down at the flower in my hands. "I'm going to call Talia and have her come here, maybe she can help you with your magic."

I can't look away from the flower in my hands, unable to process what just happened. I killed the flower and I killed those people. I'm a monster. What if I'm unable to control myself? What if I hurt somebody else? What if I hurt Greyson? All these questions race through my mind as I turn the flower over and over in my hands.

Greyson is on the phone speaking to Talia when I stand up and begin to make my way upstairs. Walking into the bathroom, I run myself a bath, closing the door behind me. Once the water is warm and filled up, I strip and get into the water. It's relaxing to my muscles and I pull my knees to my chest, lying my head down on them.

I can't believe this is happening to me, why can't I be normal? Closing my eyes, I try to picture a happy life with Greyson, our future. It's only seconds later that I'm thrown into another memory.

The little girl sits on the couch, her eyes darting between her mother and father who are yelling at each other. Her father yells about wanting the girl to become an Alpha and the mother yells about wanting the girl to become a witch. Her mother says if she becomes a wolf than she can't be a witch, being both is not an option.

Her mother screams at her father, not accepting what he's telling her. "I'm leaving!" Her father takes a protective stance over her, preventing her mother from taking her. "I'll be back for her." Her voice is cold as she walks out to the door never to be seen again.

Her father turns to her, the anger clear on his face. "This is all your fault."