Part 27

Coming to, the first thing I notice is my daughter is not in my arms and there's a strange man sitting a few inches from the bed I'm laying on. Where is my daughter? Jolting out of bed, I tackle him onto the floor, my arm coming up to his throat. For a moment I'm surprised by the strength I seem to have but it quickly turns into anger as I stare down at him. "Where is my daughter?" The words are seethed out and for a moment the man looks genuinely scared.

The bedroom door opens quickly and a woman comes running in, my daughter in her arms. "Please don't hurt him." She says as she holds my daughter out for me to take. "We're just as confused as you are, please, we found her lying next to your passed out body and wanted to make sure you're okay."

Looking back down at the man, instinctively I bare my teeth at him, before getting up to take my daughter. "Who are you people?" I keep a close eye on them as I begin to inspect my daughter for any type of injuries they might've placed on her. When I'm satisfied with how she looks, I give her a quick smell before pulling her tight against my chest.

"You don't remember me?" The confusion is evident on his face, he looks at the woman before turning back to me. "I'm Gabe." Gabe. Gabe. Gabe. The name is so familiar, I know him from somewhere. Taking a look at him, he does look familiar. I definitely know him from somewhere.

"You know me?" Confusion whirls around my head as I try to remember where I know him from. "Who am I?" Maybe he can shed some light on my situation, maybe help me remember.

"You're Ava."

*WARNING ABUSE*

"Ava!" The man from my first vision appears, standing in front of a young girl who looks exactly like me. The young girl looks miserable, wearing dirty clothes that barely hide her cuts and bruises. Her hair is matted, she hasn't brushed it in a long time. The man is towering over her, his face twisted in disgust. "Did you eat the last piece of meat?" His tone is demanding, angry.

The young girl nods her head slowly as tears drip from her eyes to land on the carpet beneath her feet. She isn't prepared for the first hit to her cheek, her fathers fist making her head swing to the side and her body fall to the floor. "I'm sorry, I haven't eaten in days." She whispers the words, afraid to make the man more angrier than he already is.

He is on a rampage as he kicks her in the stomach over and over again, opening up old wounds and creating new ones. "You eat when I tell you to eat, do you hear me?" When he finally stops kicking her, her hands are holding her stomach tightly, a gag making its way out of her mouth. "You filthy females, you all disgust me." He leans down, gripping her chin tightly in his hands so she's forced to look at him. "I said, do you hear me?"

"Yes, father." Speaking from a jaw that she is pretty sure is broken, the words barely make there way out of her mouth.

"Good girl."

My hands are shaking when I'm finally relieved from the vision. Looking down, my daughter is once again staring at me intently, as if she has watched the vision with me once again. But that is not possible, she can not see inside my mind and she is only a baby.

"Hey, are you okay?" I turn my head to look at the girl, her eyes full of concern for me. Gabe is now standing next to her, their hands entwined together.

"Sorry." I'm slightly breathless. "Who are you people?"

"You might want to sit down for this." Gabe says, nodding towards the bed. I sit down on the bed and look at the two people standing in front of me, trying to remember who they are and how they know me. Gabe does look familiar to me now, I feel as if he has helped me somehow.

"We're wolves." Gabe's words has me laughing, I must be going crazy. Maybe this is all a nightmare and I'm waiting to wake up. Wolves are real but people can't turn into wolves, that's impossible. Seeing the look of disbelief on my face, Gabe nods to the woman and she stands up, rolling her shoulders.

She moves away from us and gives me a small smile before the sounds of bones snapping fill the room and suddenly there is a large wolf standing in front of me. For some reason I'm not afraid, I feel as if this is all normal. Shouldn't I be freaking out right about now?

The wolf walks out of the room and the woman walks back in a moment later, a soft smile on her face. "I'm glad you're not freaking out, most people would be." She laughs lightly. "You're our next Alpha. Your father, our original Alpha, kept you hidden away from the pack and abused you, we only found out about you a few months ago." She sits next to me on the bed, glancing at my sleeping baby before looking back at me.

"A few months ago a woman entered our pack and our Alpha claimed her as his mate, your mother." Gabe takes a deep breath, pausing to see if I'm going to start freaking out. "She began torturing us and we had to endure it because she was our Luna and if we wanted to leave we would have to become rogues and she threated to kill us." He shivers from the word.

"So what happened?" I need to know.

"Suddenly your father appeared with you in hand, claiming you were his daughter, our next Alpha." The woman begins speaking again, taking over for Gabe. "You refused to be a part of their plans so they were beating and torturing you to get you to give in. You had a mate, his name is Alpha Greyson, and you asked Gabe to send a message to him." She begins to cry from the memories and Gabe grabs her hand, holding it to his chest.

He smiles at her, taking over the story. "You also have magic running through your blood, your mother was a witch. She forced you to use that magic against me and kill me for becoming a traitor to the pack for helping you. That's all I remember."

The woman has finally calmed down and she leans into Gabe's embrace, using him as her strength. "So you killed him, my mate." She takes a deep breath, grabbing Gabe's hand in her own. "Your mate came for you but your mother was a very powerful witch, she halted your packs movements and killed the witches your mate had.

"So what happened to him?" I had a mate, a soulmate. Where is he now?

"I'm not sure." She pauses, taking another deep breath. "Ava, your mother killed your father." How could she have killed him? Soulmates aren't supposed to harm each other. "After she killed him, our pack tried to avenge our Alpha, and she killed our whole pack with just a swish of her hand."

I stare at them confused. "Then how are you guys here?"

"You brought us back to life using your magic."