Part 23

The cuffs are placed back on and my mother relinquishes control of my body. She has two guards following closely behind us, both of them ready to grab me if I try to escape. Nobody will be willing to help me now, not after what they just witnessed. I can still hear Gabe's screams bouncing around my head, a sound I will never forget.

My mother leads us to a small familiar cottage that has me gagging when I look at it. It's the cottage where she made me preform the tests on the men when I was younger. My heels dig themselves into the ground, unmoving. It's no use resisting as the men easily pick me up and drag me inside. The room she brings us in is dark and a familiar chair sits in the middle, chains around its armrests.

"Set her down there." The men do as they're told and sit me down on the chair, snapping the second set of chains around my wrist. "Leave." The men leave quickly, grateful not to be the center of her wrath.

I stare at the woman who's supposed to be my mother and I feel disgust. Mothers are supposed to protect their children, they're supposed to take care of them. Yet my own mother wants me to rule the witches and will go to the extents of hurting me to do so. How can she do this to me? How can she do this to her own blood?

"You disgust me." The words slip from my mouth before I can stop them. Bracing myself for the pain I will surely receive, it never comes.

She stares at me, a small smirk on her face. "Did you like my demonstration? I have great plans for Greyson when he comes for you."

The growl that tears from my throat has the room shaking slightly, the wolf inside of me not liking the threat she just made to my mate. "You're not going to touch him, he's going to kill you and I will be smiling when it happens." Baring my teeth at her, the threat lingers in the air which she laughs at.

"Silly girl, I won't even have to touch him. I have magic on my side." As to prove her point, she lifts her hand to showcase the fireball that's flaming out of her palm. "I could kill him with one swish of my hand."

I try to think of Greyson and who he has on his side. Greyson has a few witch friends but would they be willing to help him? I think back to Thalia and how she helped me get out of the mind control. Would she kill another witch for him? Would she refuse or would she help take my mother out?

"Let me out of these cuffs and let's see who's more powerful." Could I take on my mother? She has had years to practice her magic while I've only had weeks. Yet she says I'm the strongest alive, could I channel that strength? Still unable to shift, I can feel the wolf lending me some of her strength. She is weak within me yet she still lends me the strength she does have.

"I'm not stupid, I know you've been practicing your magic." She walks to the dresser of the room, pulling something out. "We never did test your wolf side." It's then that I see a silver dipped rod in her hands, she's going to touch me with it.

Struggling to break out of the chair, it's no use as I have two sets of chains on. She comes closer with the rod, dangling it as if its a toy. Soon the first contact is made and I begin screaming from the pain of having silver pressed against my skin, a wolfs worst enemy. I can feel my wolf shrinking inside of me, the pain becoming unbearable as she holds it to my skin. The skin where the rod is touching is flaming red, sizzling as if I've put my hand on a grill.

When she finally pulls the rod away I'm gasping for breath. My vision is blurry, barely able to make out my mother as she stands inches away from me. "Please stop." I'm begging now, this is too much. How long can I take this before I break?

It would be so easy to give into her demands and stop this torture. But I've suffered at the hands of my father, my greatest tormentor. Could I become like them and kill people easily? This is what she asks of me yet I can't do it. I can't become a monster like them, I'm not like them. What have I done to deserve this?

If she can inflict this type of pain on me, I don't want to think about the type of pain she'll inflict on Greyson if he comes. Suddenly I find myself deeply regretting having Gabe send someone out to tell Greyson where I am. He can't come here, she'll kill him in seconds. Could I deal with the pain of loving Greyson? Never, the thought of him dead sends a deep ache in my chest. He is the other half to me, it'd be like losing half of your soul.

The rod touches my skin again and my screams fill the room. She's relentless as she moves the rod up and down my body, this will leave scars. The smile on her face tells me she has no regrets as she continues doing this to me, never wavering. She's happy to do this until I give into what she wants.

"All you have to do is come with me and this will all stop. You could be the greatest that ever lived, I could teach you. This world has wronged us and it's time for us to take our place on the throne."