Part 31

I'm breathless as I pull back from Greyson, my wolf in a blissful daze. She's proud of herself, slinking deep into my mind in a euphoric bliss. Greyson and I stand there staring at each other, our disbelief stinking up the air. All of the Alphas watch on, curious to see what happens next. What does happen next?

"Ava." My name is breathed out from his throat, he's unable to look away from me. It's as if time has stopped as I stare at the man who's supposed to be my mate. He looks as handsome as ever, standing there in his black suit. He pulls me into him again, his head going to the crook of my neck to inhale my scent. "How are you alive?"

"What do you mean?" The confusion is clear in my voice, why wouldn't I be alive? "I thought you were dead."

His eyes darken slightly, a growl tearing from his chest. "We were searching for you for months, trying to find any lead to bring us to you. One day when we returned from our search, there was a body lying on the pack floor, your body." His body begins to shake from anger as he relives this memory. I take his hand in mine, hoping the bond will calm him down. "I felt our bond break."

"I woke up weeks ago with no memory of who I was and somehow I landed at where my mother took me. I resurrected the dead pack members of my fathers pack, they've been helping me remember who I am. I'm their Alpha now." Will he make me choose between the two packs? I won't abandon mine.

He pulls me into him again, not caring about the other Alphas who are still watching us closely. "I'm just glad you're not dead and are okay." I wrap my arms around him, allowing him to comfort me with his embrace.

We stand there for a few minutes, him holding me. The bond is humming between us, feeling stronger than it ever was now that I've marked him as mine. I want to tell him about his daughter but I don't know if I should do it here with everyone watching and sticking their noses in our business. What if doesn't want our child? The anxieties wrap around my body as I debate whether to tell him about his daughter.

I take a step out of his embrace, choosing not to tell him about his daughter just yet. I look around the room, my eyes landing on April and Gabe who stand in the corner of the room watching us closely. They look as if they're on alert, waiting for something bad to happen. With a nod of my head, the two begin to walk towards us.

April stops in front of me, a small hesitant smile on her face. "Should we make our exit now, Alpha?" Her and Gabe stand side by side, shielding me from the eyes of everyone else.

"We're all going to be leaving now." Greyson answers for me as he reaches for my hand, entwining our fingers. I nod to my pack members and we all begin to make our way towards the door.

"Leaving so soon?" A familiar voice stops us and I turn around to see Alpha Luke standing a few feet away from us with his arms crossed. "The party's just begun." He wears a smile that doesn't quite meet his eyes. For an unknown reason, my wolf is untrusting of him, growling her displeasure in my head.

"Yes, I'm going to take my mate home with me now. We've had enough excitement for one night." Greyson says, moving so he's slightly in front of me. His hand still holds mine as he stares the Alpha in his eyes, neither of them looking away.

I move so I'm standing next to Greyson instead of behind him, my wolf wanting to stand strong beside her mate. She doesn't trust this Alpha, she wants to growl out her displeasure to him. She watches Greyson, loving how protective he is. She knows that he will always protect us, will always be our provider.

Alpha Luke is the one to look away first, his eyes finding mine. "I wish you the best of luck in your journey." He no longer wears a smile, his face cold as stone as he stares at me. Greyson growls out his displease, not liking this. Alpha Luke looks at Greyson, offering him a small smile before he turns on his heel, going back to the party.

"Let's get out of here." I allow Greyson to lead us out of the ballroom and back to the car. "Can you two take my car?" April and Gabe nods, glancing at me for only a moment before they make their way to the car Greyson is pointing at.

We're both quiet as we make our way to my car, Greyson getting in the passenger seat as I get in the drivers side. As we begin to make our way back to my pack I can't help but to glance at Greyson occasionally, not believing he's really real. He must feel the same way because out of the corner of my eye I see him glance at me every few seconds.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Greyson asks after a few minutes, breaking the awkward silence. I'm not really sure what to say to him or how to act around him now. I only have my visions of us together and even then I feel like a passenger watching them, not really feeling as if they were my memories.

"What I told you in the ballroom are the only things that I can remember right now. After resurrecting my pack, I began to have visions of you and I together. We found where your pack once was but their was a body on the ground, a familiar pack member from my memories. I thought my mother had killed you all." I take a deep breath as the anxiety wraps around my throat like a noose. I need to tell him about his daughter. "Greyson, I need to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything." He's looking at me now, yet I keep my eyes on the road to avoid his. The anxiety claws at my throat, a voice whispering in my ear telling me he won't want us anymore.

"You have a daughter."