Part 10

"Sleepy head, it's time to get up." Greyson is gently shaking me and I groan, not wanting to wake up. He shakes me again and places a kiss on my cheek. "I made breakfast." He laughs as I jolt up, ready to eat what he made. He's standing at the edge of the bed with a tray in his hands, an assortment of different type of breakfast foods on it. "I wasn't sure what you'd like so I made a little bit of everything."

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I grab the tray from him. The saliva puddles in my mouth as I take in the sweet aroma of bacon and eggs. The food looks delicious, as if it was made from a world famous chef. "Thank you." I can barely manage the words out, the food already being shoveled into my throat. After taking a few bites, I lift the work to Greyson for him to take a bite. Smiling at me, he takes what I offer him.

After we finish the food, we make our way downstairs into the living room. "I want to introduce you to the pack tonight." Choking, I wasn't expecting that to come out of his mouth. Quickly he comes over to me, patting my back as I continue to choke. "Only if you're ready for that, of course."

Am I ready? Greyson and I have already accepted each other and this is the next step. But I'm nervous, what if they don't accept me? What if they think I'm weak and not worthy of Greyson? "I'm not sure, what if they don't like me?" I can't even shift yet, I'm a weak wolf. This pack needs somebody strong to lead them and right now they only have Greyson.

Greyson puts a finger under my chin, turning my head so I'm forced to look at him. "They will all love you, I promise." His voice is strong, I can't detect any lies from his words. He looks so certain at this moment that I decide to believe him.

After we've cleaned the house up, we make our way outside as Greyson has promised me a tour of the pack lands. It's about a five minute walk, Greyson's house being secluded from the other members. As we walk, Greyson showing me around, I notice pack members staring at me, their expressions curious. One time when someone looked for too long, Greyson growled and they immediately casted their eyes to the ground.

After about an hour of looking at the different buildings, we stumble upon a group of children playing soccer in the grass fields. One of the children turns his head and squeals when he notices us, immediately running over. "Alpha Greyson!" All of the kids turn, immediately running over when they notice Greyson.

They're all yelling at him, each one of them trying to get his attention for themselves. "Woah! Woah! Calm down guys, I can't hear you if you're all yelling over each other." They all go silent, yet their mouths are slightly open as if they can't wait to speak.

The kids all look at each other before the boy who first noticed Greyson and I speaks. "Is this your girlfriend?" All of the children giggle, their eyes displaying their excitement.

"Why yes, yes she is." Greyson gives me a small peck on the lips which make the children giggle louder.

"Will you come play with us, Alpha Greyson?" Another young boy asks, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

Greyson pretends to think it over, his finger coming to rest on his chin as if he's deep in thought. "I don't know." He drags the words out and the kids protest, wanting him to play with them. "Well if you insist." He steals the ball, kicking it away from the children which makes them chase him. They'll all screeching with laugher as they try to steal the ball away from their Alpha.

Taking a seat on the grass, I sigh contently as I feel the warmth of the sun wash over my skin. I watch Greyson play with the children, a small smile making its way onto my face. He would make a great father. The kids adore him, and I find my feelings getting stronger for him as each day passes. Could this be what happiness feels like?

The kids gang up on Greyson, wearing mischievous smiles as tackle him. He gives a dramatic scene, groaning as he fake falls to the floor, careful not to land on any children. They all start yelling as if they've just taken out a wild bear, triumph looks on all of their faces.

This is how most of the day is spent, the kids playing with Greyson and me watching. That is until a young girl walks over to me, a kind smile on her face. "Will you help me pick some flowers for tonight's ceremony?"

"Of course, sweetheart." Standing up, I allow her to lead me to the edge of the field.

She plucks a dandelion, putting it up to her nose for a sniff. "These are my favorite." She plucks another one, handing it to me. I take in the sweet scent of the flower, giving her a smile in thanks.

We continue this for a while, her plucking flowers and handing them to me to hold. She plucks more dandelions and roses, and even a couple of wildflowers. She laughs as she tells me about her family, about her annoying siblings, and her friends that she met at school. I listen to her talk, giving my input every now and then.

It begins to get dark when Greyson walks over to us, the children having left to probably go back home. "Alright Riley, let's get you back home." Riley nods and Greyson and I walk her home, Riley holding my hand the whole time.

The door to the house opens and a woman steps out, a gasp coming out of my mouth as she spots Greyson and I holding her hands. "Thank for you for escorting my daughter home." She then gestures for Riley to go inside.

She goes to go inside but stops short, turning so she's facing me. "Thank you, Luna. I hope to pick flowers with you again sometime." She hands the flowers off to her mother before running inside.

"Thank you again." We both nod at the woman before we start to make our way back home.

"Come on, we have to get ready for the ceremony."