Part 15

The bathroom door being busted open breaks me out of the memory. Greyson runs towards me, quickly pulling me out of the tub. Looking down at the water, I notice it bubbling as if the water is boiling. "Fuck." Curses are pouring from Greyson's mouth as he checks me over for any injuries yet there are none. "How did the water get that hot?"

"I don't know." It's my truth as I look down at the tub again, the water still boiling. I must've done that when I was deep in the memory. But how did I not get burned? "Greyson, I'm scared." Only the truth between us now.

Greyson sees the anxiety on my face and pulls me into him, wrapping me up in his embrace. I feel comfort from being in his arms, probably due to us being mates. "Come on, let's get you dressed." I allow Greyson to lead me into the bedroom and he grabs one of his t-shirts out of the drawers. He's gentle with me as he pulls the shirt over my head, laughing as it hangs like a dress on me.

"Thank you." Leaning up, I place a small kiss on his lips.

He climbs into bed with me, pulling me into him so I'm laying on his chest. His arms offer me to comfort I need in this moment, allowing me to feel safe. Comforted and peaceful is how I drift off to sleep.

****************

The next morning has Greyson and I waking up early for training. Talia will be here later in the day for magic training so I need to get my fighting training in now before she comes. As Greyson and I begin to fight, pack members begin to surround the mat, watching us. The females in the crowd are cheering me on, watching as I try to overtake their Alpha.

Greyson does not take it easy on me, at times dropping me to the mat so hard I lose my breath. He wants me to be prepared, needs to be prepared. I also want to be prepared, I want to protect this pack and myself. I have gotten better at fighting, and Greyson tells me how proud he is every time I dodge a punch or my hits make their mark.

When our training session is over, the pack members clap at our display before they start their own training for the day. I'm amazed as I watch women fighting the men, each one of them displaying their own strengths. We watch for a few minutes, Greyson eyeing every fight and giving out pointers. They all listen to him, wanting to prove themselves to their Alpha.

When we leave the training center, Talia is waiting outside of the house. She walks over, pulling me in for a quick hug, "I'm glad to see you're feeling better, now what's this I hear about you having magic?"

Leading her inside, I tell her about the memories and the strange things that happened with the flower and the water. She listens closely, not missing a word I say. "So if you can try to help me to control it, I would really appreciate it."

"That's what I'm here for." Shrugging off her coat, she takes a seat on the couch. Greyson gives me a kiss on the cheek and I watch him leave the room before turning back to Talia. "You said you made the flower wither with your mind so let's start with that." The purple flower sits in her hand, fresh. She passes me the flower and closes her eyes. "Close your eyes with me." I do. "Now I want you to clear your mind and picture the flower withering."

I do as I'm told and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. I try not to let my mind wander, keeping my focus on the picture that's forming behind my eyes. When I begin to feel the crunch of the flower, I reopen my eyes to see it's dead now. The flower sits withered in my palm and I stare at it in wonder.

"Can we fix it?" I ask, my eyes never leaving the flower. If I can kill the flower, can I bring it back to life?

"Concentrate, close your eyes and picture the flower blooming." Her voice is harsh, demanding.

Closing my eyes again, I picture a freshly bloomed flower. My palms begin to get warm slightly and I open my eyes to see the flower has been bought back to life. I can't help the shocked laugh that tumbles out of my mouth as I turn the flower over and over in my hand. "I can't believe I just did that."

The rest of the evening is spent with Talia, Greyson off in another room. We practice killing the flower and reviving it until I've mastered it. She also told me that she can sense a strong magic feeling from me, even saying that I could be one of the greatest. She's surprised at times, as I pick up some of the spells easily, as if I was born for this. She wants to come back later in the week to teach me more things, and I tell her that it's a good idea.

When she finally leaves, Greyson makes his way downstairs. "How did it go?" The concern is thick in his voice, he's worried about me. I can't help the smile that makes its way onto my lips as I lean up on my tippy toes to give Greyson a kiss.

"It went amazing, look what I can do." I lift my hands for him to see and he watches as they glow a dark purple, a small fire appearing out of my palm.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" The fire goes out as I look at Greyson, his face serious. "If this is what you want then I support it, but I just want to make sure you're safe." He grabs my hand is his, rubbing my palm.

I understand his concern, I'm still afraid too. But if my father is coming, then we need a better chance at beating him. From my memories, my father didn't have any magic only my mother. We could use this to our advantage, have the upper hand. Could I kill my father if it came down to it? After all he did to me?

Looking at Greyson, I know my answer. I could kill my father.