Chapter 2:First dates can be bloody

This was quite the situation they were in. Well, they could theoritically leave.

There was a door out of the cinema. The only problem was that all that was beyond the door was darkness.

They don't know if Najimi would actually stop them or let them throw themselves into the darkness if they tried to leave. And given the recent events, no one felt brave enough to try.

Rize:Ah, excuse me? Anshin'in-san?

Although she had given her name, Najimi had insisted that they refer to her by her affectionate name. It did feel awkard for some, but they decided not to argue.

Najimi:Yes? Is there something wrong, Kamishiro-chan?

Rize:Ah, it's just that you did mention something about an observation, but you didn't really express what we're supposed to do.

Najimi:Hm, how to put this? Have you heard of the string theory?

Rize:Oh? Are you referring to paraller realities?

Najimi:Yes. The butterfly effect, you might say. It's that a simgle different occurence may change everything. Perhaps you eat something different for breakfast. Perhaps you didn't tie your shoes right. Or perhaps a chance meeting that happened or did not happen. Simply put, I want you to make your opinion of such a different set of events.

Koutaro:So...Like watching a movie, but it's all real in another reality?

Najimi:I think it'd fit more the description of a serial, but yes.

Rize:Oh, that is very interesting!

Najimi:Right?

Those two really got along well together. Kaneki was oficially worried.

Najimi:Okay, eyes on the screen people!

The capital of Japan, Tokyo, was infamous for many things. Principaly, for it's various districts habitated by ghouls.

On a first look, a ghoul wouldn't look any different from a human, but there are in fact a lot of physiological differences. A big one being that they can only eat human flesh.

They are as well much stronger, faster, durable and heal a lot quicker. Although those aspects are also influenced about how strong the ghoul is and how well feed.

There are also the kagune. A ghoul's most important hunting asset and a great support of their combat ability. A biological lethal extension of themselves produced from an organ unique to them.

Even so, there are those unsure of the existence of ghouls as they have not personally meet one before. One such human being sat at a table in the cafe Anteiku.

He was a boy with black hair and black eyes. His name was Kaneki Ken.

Across from him sat a boy with blonde hair and golden eyes. His name was Nagachika Hideo.

He was also his best friend. Also, he wasn't paying much attention to him as he was busy flirting with a waitress.

Said girl had blue hair with bangs covering one of her eyes, which both were blue. Her name was Kirishima Touka.

Touka:Will that be all?

Hideo:Yeah!

Kaneki sighed, embarassed about how loud and obnoxious his friend was. He has real respect for the girl to remain stoic through all that.

Kaneki:Really...

Hideo:So...Is that her? The lady you're so enamored with!?

Kaneki:Hide! Shh! Shh!