Chapter 4: It's rude to refuse food

Perhaps at the beggining they were forced to be here. But now both humans and ghouls became curious about how the presence of Kumagawa Misogi changed things.

In the back a man had a sour look on his face. He had bow hair and eyes of the same color. His name was Nishio Nishiki.

And he thought the beating he got from Kaneki was bad

And he thought the beating he got from Kaneki was bad. This one was on another level.

Humilation aside, this wasn't the worst part of it. No, it was that he was uncertain if this guy would help him like Kaneki did.

Even if he did, he seems to be the type that would continue harassing him. Nishiki really pitied his alternate self.

Najimi:My, that can be considered egoistic, don't you think so?

Nishiki's eyes shot wide open. What, she can read minds now? On second thought, that wouldn't be the craziest thing had done yet.

Kaneki:What are you talking about, Anshin'in-san?

Najimi:Nothing important.

Nishiki gritted his teeth. No wounder she get along so well with Rize.

Najimi:Okay, let's go on!

Touka had seen crazy things through her life, the 20th Ward hosted some unique individuals. Yet, she doesn't think she heard something so ridiculous before.

She was gawking at Kumagawa sitting at a table. They were told about how not only did he know that Rize, and everyone there for that matter, was a ghoul but also continued their relationship on that.

Touka:Are you for real...

Not only that, the guy was drinking his cofee like everything was completly fine. Why is no one saying something about that!?

Touka:How can we trust him? I don't think we should even trust Rize to begin with!

She got no approval from the manager behind the counter. He was an eldery man with gray hair who keeps his eyes closed. His name was Yoshimura.

Yoshimura:Touka-chan, Rize is a resident of the 20th Ward just like the rest of us and this was her decision. If Kumagawa-kun wanted to say anything about us, he would've done it by now.

Rize:You're so reackless sometines. I admit that I thought like you not long ago, but now I see it's possible for ghouls to form bounds with humans.

Touka:Like hell! It's because of his smell!

Rize:That is one of the reasons, yes.

Touka:...Fine, do what you want.

She stormed off in the kitchen, not wanting to argue anymore. Yoshimura sighed and turned to Kumagawa.

Rize:Ah, that temper once again. You can't continue being an angsty teen forever, you know? No wounder you don't have any friends.