Chapter 16:Families are such a drag

Well, it was official now. The CCG was oficially fucked.

It was hard to say if it was a good or bad things for ghouls. It could really go two ways.

One, Kumagawa makes the investigators give up from how dangerous and exhausting the workplace is with him around. Or two, Kumagawa end up driving the investigators even crazier, thus making them more dangerous then before.

Emphasis on even crazier. There might be some resonable human beings amongst them, but there's no way someone remains sane in this line.

Najimi:Ahaha! I can see you guys still got quite the shock!

Najimi directly spoke to the CCG members in a sudden good mood. For someone that claims to be impartial she sure had an inclination towards sadism.

Najimi:Those are quite the faces you're making! What would you call this? Karma? Jinx? What do you think, Amon-kun?

Koutaro:...

Najimi:Ah, I think I rambled enough now. I can see you're all excited for what's to come...Well, not really. Then again, you don't really have a choice to begin with.

Touka:God, is she gonna torture us next...

Najimi:Why do you alwais have to be such a debby downer, Touka-chan? I choose to have mercy on you all this time. We're gonna have a family episode. That's right, we'll witness the heartfelt bonds of family and it's different dynamics. Isn't that great? Big sis Anshin'in-san is such a nice gal, isn't she?

Touka wasn't very happy with Kumagawa's choice, but she figured her complains fell on deaf ears. That guy would just continue to do as he pleases, like always.

A job which he was doing right now. Him, Koutaro and Akira were dispached to Cochlea to talk with an informant.

What made it special was that this informant was a ghoul. Uncommon, but not completly illogical.

This ghoul held the alias of Priest and was very much willing to help them with the case because the members of Aogiri Tree were not his comarades. An mentality Kumagawa can agree with.

Koutaro:Oh no...

He should have suspected this when she said such nice things. There was nothing heartfelt about that man.

Is there any end to it? Why does she like to psychologically torment them so much?

Touka:His messed up way of thinking aside, are there really ghouls like that? Acting as informants for CCG?

Rize:Being contained in such a place doesn't leave you much choice. As you know, starvation is the worst torture there is for a ghoul.

Touka:Huh...

Touka stared at Rize with judgemental eyes. Feeling her gaze Rize tirned her head to match her eyes.

Rize:Is there something on my face?

Touka:You...You sound way too familiar with this.

Rize:Perhaps you should pay more attention to your troubles than others. That is what brought you misery, isn't it?

Kaneki flinched at her words. Those words felt extremly targeted in his point of view.

Kumagawa:[Now this is something new.]

Akira:The fact that an ghoul is willing to be an informant fir the CCG? Yes, I do find it a bit strange as well...

Kumagawa:[Not only that.]

Akira:What do you mean.

Kumagawa:[I had looked over past cases of ghouls and all of them were Japanese. It makes sense, you'd rather try to hunt in your country tha go over somewhere else with rules unkown to you as a ghoul. But by his name alone it's clear that this one is foreign. Russian, most likely. I wonder why he'd go through all the trouble even though that would make his identity harder to maintain...]