Chapter 9:You don't have to be a ghoul to kick an investigator's ass

It was a good thing for a lot of ghouls to see Ryoko alive in that world. Especially for her daughter, she didn't want go see those moments again.

Koutaro was quite nervous. And not just fir realizing that all the things he thought were true were actually wrong.

If the events go somewhat according to their own timeline, than that version of him would come face to face with Kumagawa. And unlike the Eyepatch at that time, he doubts the human boy would be so merciful.

Kaneki however had his thoughts in another direction. If at that time he'd have used his power, would he have used his power.

Kaneki:What if...No, it's too late now.

Kaneki Ken was once a normal bookworm. Kind, naive, had only one friend and was a bit of a coward.

However, he's no longer that boy. He stopped being so after ripping Yamori apart a leaving him in that room for dead.

Rize:Ara, you have quite a complicated face there, Kaneki-kun. Wondering if there would've been a better way, perhaps?

Kaneki:No.

Rize:Oh?

Kaneki:That's already in the past, there's no changing it. Because of that accident, I became a ghoul. But because of me, I became a monster. Misogi...Even though he had not been made into something different, he had long accepted he was a monster. To deny that now would not only be stupid, but also disrespectful to my cousin.

Rize:Well now, haven't you grown...

Najimi:Ah, I do know that feeling well...

Although she dealt with many children, when compared to her, at Hakoniwa five images flashed in her mind. Those fice normal girls she mde into her proxy, only for later to defect to Medaka's side and later join Kumagawa's Naked Apron Alliance.

Najimi:Those cute, rebelious brats...Anyway, shall we move on? We're only at the beggining of our little arc, after all.

No one voices any protest. They knew their opinions didn't matter to begin with.

After long search Koutaro was unable to find the child ghoul and returned where he thought the job was already done. Imagine his surprise when he saw the corpses of two of his collegues together eith the uncounscious body of Kureo among ruble.

Koutaro:Mado-san!

Koutaro ran to his mentor and shaked his body, making the old man recover his counsciouness. Whoever did that had no intention of killing him, purposefully or not is yet to be seen.

Kureo:Phew, they got me good!

Koutaro:Mado-san! Was that ghoul so strong!?

Kureo:No, it wasn't her. A third party had intervene. A very fast and sneaky one. An ukaku user, perhaps? Anyway, we're not dealing with a common scum. Whoever it was, they managed to dispatch half of our squad and knock ne out on record time.

Koutaro:I see...That's problematic. I've never heard of an ukaku kagune to make such projectiles.

Kureo:That's what makes it all the more interesting! We might even be dealing with a kakuja.

Kureo got up and headed to the corpses of their camarades to investigate. After watching the screws he let out a confused noise.

Koutaro:What is it? It's a kakuja after all?

Kureo:No, that's what's most baffling. Amou-kun...This is no kakugune. Those are actual screws.

Koutaro:What!?