Chapter 14:It's hard to say what is ghoul and what isn't

Ayato was seething. He thought it was quite the appropiate reaction to what he was seeing in front of him.

He thought that Eyepatch was an asshole. Turns out that cousin of his was even worse.

Through all the time they had interacted on the screen the man did nothing else than mock him. But that wasn't the worst part.

No, the worst is that no matter what attitude his counterpart gave to Kumagawa or how many times he tried to kill him, he'd never get mad and treat him like a child. Just how his shitty father did.

He'd really have made an outburst by now, but he wasn't in any position to do so. The biggest factor stopping him from doing so was the very freak that keeps them locked here.

Najimi:Ayato-kun, while reading minds is very well within my capabilities, I don't really have to in such a situation. Your thoughts are ozzing off you right now. Really, I feel bad for Kumagawa-kun having to deal with a version of you, I'd imagine it's not pleasant for someone to project their daddy issues into you. I know that, because many have projected their mommy issues into me in the past.

Ayato:Grr...

Ayato growled at her, because that was realistically the only thing he could do. He may be a bit crazy, but he wasn't stupid.

Najimi:I don't really mind it. I suppose ot would be understatable, everyone in the world is a child when compared to me. But, you know, Kumagawa-kun isn't that much older than you. Really, you're into some weird stuff, Ayato-kun.

Everyone was silent after she gave her retort. However, this silence was soon broken by none other than Eto.

Eto:Wow! I don't think I've ever seen someone give such a trashtalking so politely!

Ayato:Just...Go to the next episode or recording or whatever...

Touka:No, keep going.

Ayato:Shut up, you shitty sister!

Touka:Make me, you stupid brother!

Najimi:Okay, okay. Enough with the family drama. We have time fir that later, geez.

The ghouls who remained alive in the room before the new arrivals looked at Kumagawa in shock. Although it was hard for someone to guess so in the case of Noro, because his mask covered his entire face.

The human all of this was about was carrying Ayato, who had passed out by this point, on his shoulder. Not only that, he looked no worse for wear.

No, if anything, he looked too well. There was no blood or visible injury on him, not even bruises.

Out of all of them, Noro found this to be the most strange. Yamori was a sadist and a torture fanatic, so how come this boy is so well and healthy after having been captured by Yamori for such a long time?

Nico:Not this time, however. This time dear Yamori had been judged as subpar.

Ayato:And I thought that was just his strenght.

Kaneki thinks that him of the past, the kind and naive Kaneki, would try to stop such slander. However, he was a different person now.

That, and Yamori was a bastard. Said bastard was looking away with a scowl right.

Yamori:Tch, everyone is a critic these days...

Even putting aside that, after spending so much time there his clothes should be worned out or at least be a bit dirty from the filthy room he was keept in. Yet, the very same gakuran Kumagawa most oftenly wore was so clean that you could swear he just dod his laundry.