photograph

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 2: photograph

it was three am when i got back. i had just about enough energy to kick off my shoes, and throw myself onto the bed. my memory is cloudy after watching eren leave. jean probably took me and sasha home; he always does. even with my head feeling like mush, my mind refused to turn off; i just started at the ceiling. eren was coursing through my thoughts like the alcohol ran through my veins. i kept asking myself why i seemed to care as much as i did. it's just the draw from having mutual friends, is all i chalked it up to.

i flip over my phone next to me, checking the time. 5:42 it read. what the fuck? have i really just been laying here? i unzip my dress, pulling it off, before going to find a t-shirt to wear. for the first time tonight, i slip under the covers of my bed. looking toward my window, i notice it's raining. nothing new. fall starts early in oregon.

suddenly, my mind sobers up and my thoughts become clear as day. shivers are sent down my spine, and the hair on my neck seems to stand up. i adjust my position on the bed, sitting up to fully face the window. the dark that covers the earth blocks me from getting a good view, but i can't shake the feeling there are eyes on me yet again.

the inscent blaring of my alarm woke me up just five hours later. my eyelids felt like they were glued together. today was another literature class. quickly, i threw the warm and comforting sheets off me to get dressed. honestly, the only motivation i had was the allure of eren. would he even show? with his previous track record i wasn't sure.

did i even want to see him? after last night.. i didn't know. his hasty absence felt like it was my fault. but how could that be? we've barely spoken to each other, if you could even say that. with the damp whether, i opted for an oversized hoodie and baggy jeans. before leaving the dorm, i grabbed a monster. five hours was not going to be enough after the night i had.

eren was already sitting down; in the same seat as yesterday. that's good, right? there were a lot of empty seats, he could've just switched if he really wanted to. or he just didn't care enough to. i carefully made my way up the steps, once again hyper aware of my body. overthinking is such a bitch. i pulled the chair beside him out, and he made no move. his eyes stayed trained on the front of the room.

"you were at reiner's party," it was more of a statement i spoke. i didn't like his attitude towards me; but maybe he just needed to warm up to people. he briefly tipped his head in my direction, but his eyes made no contact with mine, "so were you," his voice has lost all of the husk from yesterday. as i was about to make a snide remark, ackerman had walked into the room. still, eren didn't seem to be in a talking mood. ever apparently.

throughout the lecture, i found myself sneaking constant glances at the boy next to me, again. instead of being tied back, his hair was down and fell around his face. but he wore the same look on his face; exhausted. eventually i tuned back into the lecture when i heard "project."

"-- research paper on the anglo saxon's work. you can pick any you want, but you will be doing this with a partner since i will be expecting fifteen pages minimum," groans were heard around the classroom. i glanced over at eren, who had no change in facial expression despite the hefty assignment just given. did he already know of someone he was going to work with? fuck. i looked around the room at my classmates for the first time to scope out my options. definitely not floch, i thought as i spotted his orange hair.

when class ended, i took one more glance at eren who showed no acknowledgement towards me before making my way out of class. i decided decompressing with jean would lighten the brick in my stomach and changed directions to the dorms on the southside of campus. a few moments later, i felt a hand on my shoulder through my jacket, and turned toward it, slightly stunned. looking into my eyes were the green ones that belonged to eren. my eyes widened, and he didn't make a move to say anything, almost as if grabbing me caught him off guard too.